No announcement yet.

Artillery pieces on armoured vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You suggested keeping the current support company two posts ago, so I would have thought you'd have a point. Again, the army is not going to buy enough APC's to warrant a change in all battalions.

Suggest a better structure than the BA's if you're not sure about it.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Here's an internal pic of a Mowag mounting the RO turreted mortar. It's got a crew of four and carries 60 rounds. As you can see, there's no room for anything or anyone else:
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Oh baby mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

I assume each of those bombs must be loaded into the Vehicle by hand...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Now there a job for your No.4 and 5 (Thanks Barry) if there was everone LOL! I presume they would be loaded by individuals same way you as would bomb up a GPMG belt etc one round at a time. Oh and thanks for finding this picture i asked about, its a great capture of the inside of such a carrier.
            British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
            Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

The pics are courtesy of Tony Williams, a well versed member of this forum who is, alas, an infrequent visitor. His website is http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/

Comment

Im not 100% sure FMolloy. I would have to do some research first

great photo btw.

Comment

Mowag with a mortar piece

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

That's a very early version.

NTM
                    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

The mortar turret is a far better job.

Comment

I'll second that Andy the idea is bit old now and the turret offers better survaillance fit i.e laser range finder,thermals etc.. aswell over protection from MG fire etc to also covering the crew heads from the likes of air bursts of other debree or shrapnel etc...
                        Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

Comment

Why would you put a laser range-finder or TI on an indirect fire weapon? All surveillance and target acquesition would be done by the MFC party.

Comment

Sorry meant Night Vision Goggles (not T.Is) and similiar for driver and for the Co-axial GPMG. I meant that these types turret could be fitted with these equipment not that they should be I was just demonstrating what such as Turret could hold i know it would most likely befitted with something like fire control computers or similiar etc..

Comment

Self-propelled artillery

Is all self-propelled artillery tracked or is there some with wheels?

I'm excluding direct-fire guns on tank-type turrets, etc.
                              Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

There are wheeled SP artillery pieces (eg Giat CAESAR 155mm and a South African one called G6 I think).

Comment

Working...
                                X