Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Oscar advertises Duncannon (split from Classic Military Vehicle Weekend)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Balrainn,
    My experience of special interest groups (aviation, vintage motorcycles) is that, too often petty arguments that are driven by the egos of the individuals involved get in the way of the real business of any such group, which is the promotion of their activity. There's something wrong if this tiny special interest needs three or more groups to promote itself. All such groups should be affiliated and work together to achieve their aims, especially when it comes to negotiating with Government departments. They don't necessarily have to like or love each other but they should have a united front to achieve their aims. Personality clashes are too corrosive to the general good of the special interest groups and should be stopped.
    Rant mode to off.
    regards
    GttC

Comment

why did this decline into an arguement...just go out and enjoy it!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
        why did this decline into an arguement...just go out and enjoy it!
        Exactly. The board is not interested in the inner workings of either organisation or any problem that might exist between the two of them.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by sledger
          Lads, sorry, I forgot to give the details of the organisers.

They are the Munster Military Vehicle and Re-Enactment Group which is made up of the following: London Irish Rifles, Battle Group South and Waterford Military Vehicle Group. See links below;

http://<span style="color:Red">http:...th.com/</span>
          "What do you wanna gun for Tommy? In case zee Germaans come 'ere?"

Damn straight, Laugh - I nearly died
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

There is a topic. Kindly stick to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
              There is a topic. Kindly stick to it.
              I'm sorry, for looking up the URL's posted and commenting on something funny from the website. In future I will keep all "seemingly enjoyable aspects of a thread securley locked down". (snutchygutchy)
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Have looked at MVCI web site and at their newsletters on the site, where did they claim to represent all the Mil Vehs in Ireland? Seems a bit childish for anyone to boycott a show. Sour grapes showing I think

Comment

Lads just to clarify and clear up any confusion that may have arisen. The Duncannon Show is organised by the MMVRG, which is a primarily a re-enactment group with military vehicles. As such they were never part of either the IMVG or IMVC and have always been a separate entity concentrating on military re-enactment. The Duncannon Fort Show is a re-enactment event with military vehicles and indeed was first conceived and publicised before any other event elsewhere in Ireland. Hope this clarifies and look forward to seeing ye at the show. We would also like to point out that in no way is the Duncannon show a breakaway show or is in anyway in competition with the Curragh show as it caters primarily for other aspects of military history.
                  If anyone has any question concerning this show please contact the organisers jjotoole@eircom.net or emmetKennedy@waterfordmilitary.com .
                  Last edited by sledger; 20 May 2006, 12:47.

Comment

hi sledger look forward to duncannon was there last year it was fantastic the amount of vehicles and re enactors and the atmosphere was brilliant

Comment

Duncannon Show This Weekend Looks Like A Good Weekend Weather Looks Good .emmet And Joe Have Put A Lot Of Work Into This Show See You All There.

Comment

So Who is going then? I'll be there saturday, all going well.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yes looking forward to..it saturday unfortuneately..so I reckon I'll miss some people but there ya go.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I would have been going, but things have the terrible habit of getting in the way...:-(
                            "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

could somebody please give me a starting time..doen't sem to be posted anywhere

Comment

http://www.mvci.org/

For more info contact Emmet at 087/2616280 or Joe at 087/9532911

Emmet said: 1100-1700
                                Support the Search Function.

Comment

Working...
                                X