Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tangent From New Mowag thread

New Uber Styrker Unveiled

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

That 105 packs some punch!!!I look forward to seeing some videos of testing when they become available
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Not exactly unveiled, they've been trying to get it to work for the last five years or more.

I hear part of the problem was that they took a gravity-fed autoloader, but mounted it upside down to make it fit into the C-130 or some such.

NTM
      Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

A good friend of mine just told me he seen a Army low loader around Island Bridge this evening with a Mowag on the back covered with a tarpaulin and what seemed like a large turret , possible it might be a Mowag fitted with the Panhard turret or mb even one with the CMI 105mm turret.

Måk

Comment

Evidence?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Ah .a junior mowag..a mowag with acne!
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Hi there
              The turret on that thing looks very like the old French oscillating turret on the early AMXs. I thought some of them had an autoloader, like the Swedish BandKanone. Snag with that is that you are stuck with a small quantity of ready rounds and the autoloader has to be kept in first-class order to stay working.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Imagine doing BOS with that strapped to your waist.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

OK now that we have new choppers and Mowags ought we now to be thinking of some new variant to support maintenance in the field of said choppers if they should ever be posted to some far flung wilderness.

Here's an example of an Aussie set up.

Last edited by Guest; 27 November 2006, 08:09.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Is that not just an ordinary Maintenance & recovery variant?
                    Last edited by Tribunius; 27 November 2006, 10:18.
                    "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Looks like it. €3m each it seems.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

OTO Melera turret on a polish APC
                        Theirs not to make reply,
                        Theirs not to reason why,
                        Theirs but to do and die:
                        Into the valley of Death
                        Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Tis a Patria AMV if i'm not mistaken.
                          Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
                            Tis a Patria AMV if i'm not mistaken.
                            indeed it is...did the Polish get a 30mm gun on their AMV's?

edited, yes it is the 30mm ATK MK 44 version of the 25mm bushmaster, cool, good idea of what our ones will look like
                            Last edited by mutter nutter; 27 November 2006, 21:25.
                            Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

maybe nice to get a few of these too, Patria are adapting this to the Piranha too

just waltering:redface:
                              Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Working...
                              X