What is this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this??

I saw this driving aimlessly around an irish army barracks recently. What is it and more importantly what do we use it for?? I presume its something like towing artillary. It looks like a knock off of a humvie.

Attached Files
    Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
    Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
    do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

it's a URO VAMTAC, it's from Spain, and yes you could call ita HUMVEE rip off, but it's supposed to be pretty good so......
    Last edited by mutter nutter; 8 August 2006, 21:03.
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Bit what is it doing here..thats the question.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

You could be looking at the New DF light Tac Vehicle.......................OSOK

Comment

Originally posted by fiannoglach
          You could be looking at the New DF light Tac Vehicle.......................OSOK
          At last a step in the right direction then. If we actually start buying military spec kit, we might become a real army
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

I saw one in Dublin yesterday, impressive looking machine
            Attached Files
            Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

here is a link with the dimensions of the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by ackack
                I know your supposed to leave a gap between you and the vehicle in front in case you get bumped but that turning circle takes the biscuit!

Comment

Originally posted by ackack
                  Tut tut, no reg plate visible so cant check on the registered details

Comment

The option to mount a GPMG/.5 must be an attarctive factor

Comment

It's a beast of a yoke alright, as you can see from the pic the bugger took up pretty much the entire lane.

If we have it on trial it won't have reg plates or unit plates
                      Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Still looks like it has a bit of room to move there...not much but a bit

Comment

I wonder what it's like on some of the R roads around the country.
                          Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

It'd make its own roads by the looks of things

Comment

The Irish Times reported last year that the tender for the LTAV (66 units costing €10million) was withdrawn as there wasn't anything available that met the spec. A little birdie told me it was supposed to be hummer but 'cos they were getting trashed in Iraq the DOD decided they didn't want any.
                              Saw a heavy armour humvee (sloping, angled armour, blast doors with blowback units etc) in the Naval Base late last year after a road test ready to be shipped back stateside.
                              Once more unto the breach, dear friends

Comment

Working...
                              X