Helicopters over Dublin City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopters over Dublin City

Today at about 3 30, I was on the South Circular Road in Dublin, when the sound of 2 Helicopters flying overhead caught my attention, Dispite the fact that they were moving fast I managed to get 2 snapshots on my compact digital, It just looked and sounded odd, as both choppers were clearly different types and together created an unusual rotar drone, they were heading roughly south west, which is the direction of Baldonnel, I include both photos here, , So, any takers on their identification and possible purpose flying together over the city ?
    Attached Files

The silver(?) twin rotor one is probably one of these. Perhaps an R44

Oops, This Page Could Not Be Found! 404

The larger dark coloured one is probably one of these

Privately owned and obviously good friends.

:wink: :wink:

Comment

the darker coloured one looks like an Augusta 109 the other smaller one, looks like a Robinson R22/44
      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Wouldn't be the DF getting some publicity shots of the AW139
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

At this time of year?? Try getting a photographer to come in, let alone a pilot!

Comment

Those two helicopters were parked at leopardstown racecourse, they were taxiing(sp?) some sort of saudi royalty or some such over here to sample national hunt racing. they arrived together and left together, and they were staying at the citywest hotel, which is near baldonnel....
            The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

The large one is a Agusta A119 Koala (single engine version of the A109 with skids) and the Smaller one is a R-44. They are most likely the helicopters based at Citywest owned by Mansfield. I know that there is a Koala based there and a R-44. There is also a Bell longranger based there aswell.

Comment

Working...
              X