PC-9 low n slow at Dublin Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-9 low n slow at Dublin Airport

I was passing Dublin Airport in car today (Mar 30 @14.30 hrs apx) IAC PC-9 flew in low n slow, wheels up, along main runway before banking hard to port, climbing and flying off north.

Strange sight with civvie airliners lined up on taxiway for departure.

Anyone got any ideas why it was there or what it was all about?

Looked great btw.
    Last edited by Tucco; 30 March 2007, 17:03.

Air Corps plane, flying in dublin. How unusual. Bet it makes the Male on sunday.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

haha, love it.

Comment

air traffic

Originally posted by Tucco View Post
        I was passing Dublin Airport in car today (Mar 30 @14.30 hrs apx) IAC PC-9 flew in low n slow, wheels up, along main runway before banking hard to port, climbing and flying off north.

Strange sight with civvie airliners lined up on taxiway for departure.

Anyone got any ideas why it was there or what it was all about?

Looked great btw.

Might have been doing a low-level flight and transiting the airport ATC zone. I've seen helicopters cross the airport that way.

Comment

Hi there
          It could simply have been doing a missed approach after a practise ILS approach.It's fast enough not to slow down the normal traffic.
          regards
          GttC

Comment

Nothing strange, normal practice througout the year for the IAC PC-9Ms to do touch and go's on the DUB runways aswell approches by ILS on main runways its fun to watch while im in work.

BMax.
            British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
            Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Hi Max
              Quite why they feel the need to intrude into the traffic pattern of the State's busiest airport for training when they have their own ILS, own airspace and plenty of relatively quiet airports to use, is beyond me.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Working...
              X