Provost 184 pics Leitrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provost 184 pics Leitrim

Took load of pics of this old IAC provost rotting away in Leitrim last August. Then had a camera mishap. These were salvaged. Not great, but may be of interest to a few people.

Haven't attached photos before, hope it works!:redface:
    Attached Files

How'd it end up in leitrim!??
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I'd say it flew there....
      Support the Search Function.

Comment

Probably shot down by the locals, didn't recognise the strange, silver bird like object in the sky.
        Theirs not to make reply,
        Theirs not to reason why,
        Theirs but to do and die:
        Into the valley of Death
        Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

It was taken on loan and rescued with another one by the South East Preservation Group , headed by the legendary George Harvey, in Waterford in 1987 and was part of a collection they held up to 1999 which was passed on to a guy called Philp Bedford who got funding to set up the aircraft collection as part of the Dromrod Railway Museum Group.

I was involved in the removal of the two Provosts..a Vampire and a Vampire Pod during the summer period of 1986.I have photos of its recovery from the fire Dump..it looks a bit tired and rough again as do most aircrasft exposed to the elements but when she was refurbished in 187..she was almost perfect..will post up those pictures when i find them,

There is also an AC Chipmunk there 173..which I was also part of the retoration team

Does that answer your question?
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
          X