Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone for a song

As reported in Flying in Ireland

Selling price of Marchettis ex AC is currently $225,000 per aircraft.

4 Dauphins....A gazelle...tools and spare parts...$517,000 for the lot.

Purchased by Rotor leasing in the US and Astral Communications.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

When you think that the State paid a quarter of a million apiece back in 1977, for each aircraft and spares and tools, it's not bad as depreciation goes.The Marchetti was a delight to fly in.Time to buy a lotto ticket, I guess!
    regards
    GttC

Comment

damn good prices i would say!

Comment

Originally posted by criodan View Post
        damn good prices i would say!

So the Dauphins went for €86,000 each, granted they needed an upgrade which I think has been done by now. but still thats bloody cheap. Why they didnt keep one for the AC museum I will never know in tribute to the 4 that lost their lives in 248 at Tramore. It would be interesting to keep track of their progress all the same as per all ex-AC aircraft.

Comment

Very hard to do as they have gone to a leasing company and no doubt will be reregistered several times over before they finally retire.

I would have agreed that one at least should have been preserved....
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

what kind of space is available for such preservation?

Comment

Sod all.The Museum is full to the neck right now but a possible expansion next door has been talked about.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
                Why they didnt keep one for the AC museum I will never know in tribute to the 4 that lost their lives in 248 at Tramore.
                for what reason? "one of these yokes killed our comrades" best rid of them tbh
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                  Sod all.The Museum is full to the neck right now but a possible expansion next door has been talked about.
                  regards
                  GttC
                  unless "they" decide to build a private hospital there

Comment

Sorry Criodan
                    I meant the hangar next door.I heard that they have plans to remove the operational aircraft to another hangar and allow the Museum to take it over.
                    regards
                    GttC

Comment

Correction and additional information.

As noted by 'hptmurphy' our April issue (Issue 4 Volume 3) reported that the Department of Defence had confirmed to us the sale price of the four Dauphins and the Gazelle together with special tools and spare parts as €517,000. Unfortunately the euro sign was omitted due to a print error leading him to conclude that the figure referred to US dollars. This also led to 'criodan' to conclude that "the Dauphins went for €86,000 each". We apologise for any confusion caused.

The new owner of he Gazelle has sent us the attached photo in her very attractive new metallic blue colour scheme and she has taken up the Hungarian registration HA-LFQ.

We can also confirm that the Six Marchettis were sold to Airpower International Inc for €600,000.

Information from Flying in Ireland Editorial Team
                      THE source for Military news.

Comment

Thanks for the update...keep up the good work.Nice article on the PC9s.

Comment

Link to Gazelle pic mentioned above:
                          http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine.c...album=10&pos=8

Looks very well indeed

Comment

Anyone with the money could buy one of those Marchettis and operate it on the American experimental category. N-reg, cheap warbird and you could probably get aderogation from the DoD to keep the Air Corps paint scheme.
                            regards
                            GttC

Comment

Working...
                            X