transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer

Im interested in doing the cabin crew for the minister of defence and mary mc but the thing is how does one go about doing it when there in the navy. Iv been told i have to wait for five years as the navys numbers are down they wont let any one transfer out is theis true?

Really? Cabin Crew?

Comment

These positions are advertised internally. Keep an eye on routine orders.

You are hardly in the NS a wet weekend.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
        Im interested in doing the cabin crew for the minister of defence and mary mc but the thing is how does one go about doing it when there in the navy. Iv been told i have to wait for five years as the navys numbers are down they wont let any one transfer out is theis true?
        :confused: are you a steward in the navy if you are you should know all the crap that goes with dealing with vips if not u should talk to someone who is.. stay in the navy its a great life.. as us retired folk with pensions say the first 21 years are the hardest

Comment

**** it..always missed out on having a cabin crew...would have been so handy...
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            **** it..always missed out on having a cabin crew...would have been so handy...
            ye had some crews in yere cabin some unofficial id say....

Comment

hmmm.....Dun laoighre was a great spot for entertaining in cabins.....lol!
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

hmmm.....Dun laoighre was a great spot for entertaining in cabins.....lol!
                ah yes we are drifting again.. this young man wants to be an airline steward but id say that job is wrapped up for years forget it id say concentrate on the job at hand as it probably is a crap job no smell of drink or stale fags or women off ya as you serve tea and biscuits at 20000 feet what does he think himself or is he gone awol.......:confused:

Comment

Grasshopper is female, if I recall correctly.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Hi there
                    The "steward" service in the Don is a bit of a closed shop but it is not impossible to get into, if you want to try hard enough. If you can cope with rolling about in a boat/vessel/PV/corvette/gunboat, you can cope with a G IV. You'd have to be fairly small, though, as being tall in small jets(Lear 45 and King Air) is bad news for your back...failing that, why not join an airline? They are always looking for cabin crew and recruitment has never been better.
                    regards
                    GttC

Comment

if you want to be cabin crew....well, you should have joined aer lingus or ryanair!!!

guy joined with me went to become cabin crew....put on about 3 stone and got a blue unifrom.... never looked like a soldier again
                      An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Correct XRay One,
                        If u wat to be a waiter join the Shelbourne, Similar for Barmen, Batmen, cushy numbers in Orderly room, etc

Comment

Funnily enough Guy who joined the NS with me..went of did all the macho courses..got promoted..got a change of heart of went off as a "trolley dollie" with Aer Lingus.......

In fairness I knew a lot of guys in the NS who were Stewards..and were damn good at their job and when it came to impressing visitors to the wardroom they were top class.

I would be very slow to knock these guys..yes I'd slag the shit out of them..but it was a job ..some body had to do it..and some of them were very good at it.....and they were great sources of otherwise unavailable information.

Comment

Funnily enough Guy who joined the NS with me..went of did all the macho courses..got promoted..got a change of heart of went off as a "trolley dollie" with Aer Lingus.......

In fairness I knew a lot of guys in the NS who were Stewards..and were damn good at their job and when it came to impressing visitors to the wardroom they were top class.

I would be very slow to knock these guys..yes I'd slag the shit out of them..but it was a job ..some body had to do it..and some of them were very good at it.....and they were great sources of otherwise unavailable information.

I agree with Murph

if Grassy wants to become a steward in the air corp then good luck to her

why should she put her career on hold just because people on here think its not a

worthwhile move

think about it- you get to fly all around the world- you get sub for it- you get to meet the

President and you get to see Mary Harney eating and you get to see the world a second

time

good luck to you grassy

Correct XRay One,
                            If u wat to be a waiter join the Shelbourne, Similar for Barmen, Batmen, cushy numbers in Orderly room, etc
                            if we had no barmen in the DF- who would serve us in the messes- certainly not

civies- see how awkard they can be in dining halls

we have not had Batmen for a very very very very very very long time- unless your talking about the lads who worked on the films

and if we didnt have lads working in orderly rooms- who would process your pay and your sub and make sure you have had enough courses to allow you to sign on etc etc

His state
                            Is kingly: thousands at his bidding speed,
                            And post o'er land and ocean without rest;
                            They also serve who only stand and wait."
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Hedge,
                              the sight of the Monster for Health eating would put anyone off for life....there are many tales of Ministers and their followers and their antics and attitudes aboard the MATS aircraft, none of which will be revealed here (cos the bstards are still alive and would tool up their lawyers), suffice to say, if it's glory you're seeking, seek it elsewhere.Drudgery is drudgery, no matter what you dress it up as.
                              regards
                              GttC

Comment

Working...
                              X