Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bray Airshow 02 SEP 07

This is on tomorrow.

As reported in the newspapers there will be a Defence forces presence both in the air and on the ground. Come along and say hi !
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Bump.

Everyone should go to this!

Comment

Anyone go? What was it like?

Comment

An hour late starting, long pauses, S-61 stays on station behind Lifeboat (why no winching on/off? - better than the winchman just going up & down on the winch) good displays by AC .... but not enough aircraft.

Comment

Weather was an issue on the day (the one sodding day it rains) which accounted for the hour late starting, as for the delays i dont know ATC probably?

Comment

Well we had a fantastic day out since we had big tents everyone crowded in to avoid the rain so we got tremendous footfall and hopefully some new recruits

Comment

I said hello to you Trell.....

Last edited by Joshua; 3 September 2007, 11:29.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I enjoyed the show, great display by the Alouette by the way, the beach landing was a nice touch for it's last public display.

The weather made a muck of things yesterday, that's why there was a late start and early finish, that's also why there was no winching display by the S-61. One other thing to know is that even though the weather was mostly clear over Bray it was on the ground at both Weston and Baldonnel, affecting when the displays could take off.

On top of that, the Aer Arann ATR-72 went tech as did one or two of the other displays.

Overall I enjoyed the day, the display was short and sweet, but I reckon it was definitely worth the drive from Galway.

Regards,

Frank.
                IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation Photographs
                http://www.irishairpics.com

Comment

indeed and the duck visited

Comment

I was originally ment to be working at the airshow but got time off for good behaviour! (Covered a First Aid course elsewhere :D) so ended up relaxing at home, had planned to bring the dogs down for a walk etc but the bad weather put paid to that.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Here's some of my pics from the Bray Air Display. The Air Corps were out in force with a good mix of aircraft, below are pictures of the PC-9M's, CASA CN-235, & Alouette III in action.

I make no apologies for the gratutious amount of Alouette III shots as this was the type's last ever public display as it is being retired from service in less than 3 weeks time. I've included a few extra shots of the CASA too as I finally got pictures of the bloody thing in good sunlight!

(Please ignore any bad editing by the way, my CRT monitor is fading fast!)

Enjoy,

Frank.

Final Alouette flypast...

Comment

PC-9's & CASA...

Comment

Excellent photos Frank!

BMax.
                          British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
                          Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Great detail on the Casa underside.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                            X