Alpha jet in BAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha jet in BAL

Does anyone have the serial for the Alpha jet that was seen on approach to BAL this evening?

I think it is a French Air Force machine.
    "Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well." -Craig Stadler

I knew I'd heard something.
    If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Originally posted by gaff85 View Post
      Does anyone have the serial for the Alpha jet that was seen on approach to BAL this evening?

I think it is a French Air Force machine.
      French alright, had a yellow around the flag.

Comment

here we go again
        Attached Files
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Please, no more!

Comment

when are we getting them:wink:
            An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

It's certainly one of the more popular IMO rumors...
              Meh.

Comment

Hi there
                the French Govt were offering them for sale, straight off the ramp, for E 1m apiece.
                regards
                GttC

Comment

Were they throwing in a few alouettes also?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

A few Pumas would be even better...

What would the Air Corps want with a few clapped-out, high-maintenance, fuel-guzzling antique trainers? What roles could they fulfil that the PC-9Ms couldn't?

Maybe if the French were willing to do a deal on the match tonight.... The Irish team of advertising stars will need all the help they can get.

Comment

I heard Gormo will go for it as long as we paint Orphan Rescue on the side.
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Hi Goldie
                        They were offering the Alpha jets, as is, for about E250k each, without overhaul.The only approved Alpha jet overhaul centre is, naturally, in France.With fresh overhaul,a million maneuros each, buyer collects.
                        Fine aircraft but I'd rather have a Hawk...
                        regards
                        GttC

Comment

Were they trying to flog these to us?

Has word gotten out that we're trying to build some sort of third world strike force? I knew that neutrality busting PC-9 video on youtube could only do harm!

Although to be fair, the Royal Nigerian Airforce nearly hit a few targets in Sierra Leone with them.
                          Last edited by Come-quickly; 21 September 2007, 11:05. Reason: Were not Where!
                          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

The Luftwaffe used their Alpha Jet A's in a light attack role, rather than training, although they had a very short operational life there.

The RAF have been able to fly practice dogfights against them in Hawks because a British company QinetiQ operates a number of ex-German types for testing and trials of equipment. Head to head they have some advantages and disadvantages compared to the Hawk.

I guess two engines would be better than one if they were to be tasked with some coastal defence work..

Bleh pie in the sky stuff for them to be used by the Air Corps I assume

Comment

Quality paintwork...
                              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                              X