Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC3 in Ireland

Hi All

I had an e mail off a mate recently saying he heard that somebody in ireland was restoring an old DC3 Dakota to airworthy condition, but had no other info

so i was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this, as i i'd like to see one up close, as i saw one in holland at the market garden commeration, but it was in the air and i was on the ground

any help would be greatly appreciated

Turbocalves
    But there's no danger
    It's a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Hi there
    there is a real live DC-3 based at Weston, said to be owned by one Christy Keane. Details can be found on flyinginireland.com...first aircraft I ever flew in was DC-3/C-47 G-AMPO at farranfore when I was 15.Bloody brilliant.make it your business to get up close and personal.
    regards
    GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
      Hi there
      first aircraft I ever flew in was DC-3/C-47 G-AMPO at farranfore
      The very aircraft. G-AMPO!

Comment

I had a flight in G - AMPZ while it was in Air Atlantique service circa 1993 in Waterford when it was doing charter work into Cheltenham for the race season.

Which prompts me to go digging amongst my photo library..watch this space for some rarities and some oldies..I will get aroiund to posting them.!
        Last edited by hptmurphy; 11 October 2007, 21:35.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Some south african outfit was offering to convert DC 3s to Turboprop a few years back. Not sure if there was much uptake.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Hi there
            Basler in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA overhaul them from the ground up and fit two PT-6s and have a ready market for them.Not bad for such an old design.
            regards
            GttC

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
              I had a flight in G - AMPZ while it was in Air Atlantique service circa 1993 in Waterford when it was doing charter work into Cheltenham for the race season.

Which prompts me to go digging amongst my photo library..watch this space for some rarities and some oldies..I will get aroiund to posting them.!
              It's now owned by AIR SERVICE BERLIN CFH GMBH.

Previously registered as EI-BDT

Comment

Working...
              X