Royal Flight at Casement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Flight at Casement

Ive heard that the Royal Flight 146 is visiting Casement today. Can anyone confirm or deny!.

Or maybe for opsec reasons, confirm it later tonight when it has departed!.

MOD: Moved, if this is the case it is opsec untill it leaves / in the public domain
    Last edited by DeV; 23 February 2008, 17:23.

There was princess at a certain match in Dublin, it was probably for her.

Comment

Cheers for moving it back guys. Anne getting to use the 146

She should have been given the BAe 125!!!

Comment

Hi there
        The Royal Flights have been coming into the Don for years, for senior and lesser Royals and Govt VIPs.The appropriate security is put in place(as has always been the case, for other nations' VIPs,too) and no fuss is made (at their request).
        regards
        GttC

Comment

Spotted it over the red cow on the way from work. At the time thought "WTF are Cityjet doing going to Weston!?"

Don't suppose I can bring up that vc10 I saw a few years back? No? Ok I won't mention it.
          Last edited by Slacker; 26 February 2008, 16:20.
          If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
            Hi there
            The Royal Flights have been coming into the Don for years, for senior and lesser Royals and Govt VIPs.The appropriate security is put in place(as has always been the case, for other nations' VIPs,too) and no fuss is made (at their request).
            regards
            GttC
            There was plenty of fuss back in '73... Practically a whole battalion deployed in the vicinity. You couldn't drive a hundred yards without somebody jumping out of a hedge, pointing a gun in your face and demanding to see your ID (special for the day).

Comment

Hi there
              Royal visits were a tad scarce in 73, I'd say. I marshalled in a few of them in my time and when the VIP got out, there was a few hands shaken and the VIP was swiftly moved out of sight and away.When major VIPs arrived, the usual suspects were deployed on rooftops,etc and the place was locked down (damned inconvenient for the nixer-men!). These days, you'd want to be a drugdealer or a re-imported IRA man to get the full treatment.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

i lived beaside casement back then.... i was only a kid but had a ball with all the troops deployed around our house..for a week or so i seem to rember...that was when the british prime minister was visiting....it was Jim Callaghan i think ... i was too busy eating rations getting lifts in land rovers etc etc....my folks never had to ask wonder where my intrest in the army came from.... lol

Comment

I remember when John Major flew in for meetings on the Anglo Irish Agreement. ARW all over the place, all caught on TV with their Fancy DPM and H&Ks, so unlike everyone else at the time.
                  Great PR move. Showed those who may have considered chancing their luck that security was as high as it could be.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    I remember when John Major flew in for meetings on the Anglo Irish Agreement. ARW all over the place, all caught on TV with their Fancy DPM and H&Ks, so unlike everyone else at the time.
                    Was that when the wings and fin were red in colour!. It was seen as too noticeable so the colour scheme was changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      Great PR move. Showed those who may have considered chancing their luck that security was as high as it could be.
                      i think i can remember that. i also remember tv footage of it, which i think included scorpions patroling around the airport. is that right or bolaxe
                      courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

No scorps I can remember, But lots of attention paid to the men in funny camouflage and short black assault rifles(not steyrs). Would have been about 95ish

Comment

Well heres my ugly mut on the stairs of ZE701 at RAF Northolt!.

Comment

I never knew you were a member of the royal family
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I see you have one of those special forces facemasks too.

Comment

Working...
                              X