As I was browsing the classifieds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I was browsing the classifieds...

Looking for something like an affordable C-182, I found this.

Interestingly, they're going cheaper than a lot of less interesting airplanes, there's a 1999 182 at exactly the same price, though I don't think the maintenance costs would be quite as low as a Skylane. Only a couple of hours' drive for me...

NTM
    Last edited by California Tanker; 26 August 2008, 00:58.
    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Fancy getting yourself an airframe? Or a fractional ownership. My friends father-in-law has his own Beech King Air.
    Meh.

Comment

His own King Air? He's doing a lot better than I am. I might split with my FIL, he's working his way to a license as well (albeit slowly). I'm pushing it to be considering a Skylane, but a 172 just doesn't have the ability to carry a useful load across the Sierras.

Wet rates in Silicon Valley are monumental. I don't care how much the 'true cost of ownership' of an airframe is, it can't be much worse than paying $180 an hour for a 182 plus additionals such as club membership fees or renters' insurance.

NTM
      Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
        His own King Air? He's doing a lot better than I am. I might split with my FIL, he's working his way to a license as well (albeit slowly). I'm pushing it to be considering a Skylane, but a 172 just doesn't have the ability to carry a useful load across the Sierras.

Wet rates in Silicon Valley are monumental. I don't care how much the 'true cost of ownership' of an airframe is, it can't be much worse than paying $180 an hour for a 182 plus additionals such as club membership fees or renters' insurance.

NTM
        Yes his own King Air. And now he's looking at a Cessna Citation X
        Meh.

Comment

Hi Cal
          Try an RV-6 or -7.There's 5000 or so of them out there and they'd have the performance you'd need.
          regards
          GttC

Comment

Working...
          X