Spitfire- Real or Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goose View Post
    Its real. If its the one I'm thinking of I saw it fly a few years ago. Preformed in the Newtownards air show in 2005. Was a two seater done in IAC markings. Two lovely Tricolours under the wings. As fair as I know it was sold and changed to Netherlands colours and I possibly remember hearing it might have been involved in a crash after, but I could be mistaken. There is another thread somewhere here about it.
    Of course I could be completely wrong and this is one of the original IAC aircraft.
    Also the shadows should have given it away as real.
    G-TRIX / PV202/5R-Q (cn CBAF.9590) (Ex 161 of the Irish Air Corps) crashed at Goodwood on 8.4.2000, sadly killing both onboard. Now operated by Historic Flying Ltd, following an extensive re-build and flown as G-CCCA.

Connaught Stranger.
    Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 26 November 2008, 20:05.

Comment

From the horse's mouth.

Sent: 26 November 2008 16:56
      To: Kevin
      Subject: Re: Nonstockphoto

Hi Kevin,

Thank you!

The Spitfire is the real thing! She visited Lelystad airfield on the 15th of October 2005, I shot this picture from a balcony as she was about to depart.

Best Regards,

Bas

Pic from Google Earth showing tiled area in original picture and a spitfire on the ground.

Attached Files

Comment

----- Original Message -----
        To: bas
        Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 8:11 PM
        Subject: RE: Nonstockphoto

Thank you Bas.

You have settled an argument at

http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...899#post227899
        Best Regards

Kevin - aka Joshua

Bas Stubert [mailto:bas@nonstockphoto.com]
        Sent: 26 November 2008 20:17
        To:Kevin
        Subject: Re: Nonstockphoto

Hi Kevin,

You're quite welcome! It brought a smile to my face and I have linked your story to my photograph. :-) The funny thing is that I never even considered that this might look modelisch...

Best regards,

Bas

Comment

Whoppeee! All those years of hanging round airports and building models have paid off

Had you enlarged the photo and noticed the skin wrinkling it was a dead give away.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

OK I guess I need to get out and run both my gut and but off. :redface:

I was convinced it was a model. Kudos to all of ye who saw recognized it for what it was.

Well sorted Joshua.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Joshua, did you invite Kevin to join IMO?

Tell him he can't use Myers though as that's already taken.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Kevin is already an IMO member......

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                X