I suppose they cant be worse looking -big smile-
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Do they have their own version of a warrant card?

Comment

The AC MPs are a recent addition, they used to be Army MPs on attachment.

Comment

I would be interested in understanding what, if anything, is different between the Air Corps Police and the Army MP in terms of uniform and command. RAF Police wear a white hat and are know as snowdrops. They also wear an RAFP armband in RAF blue uniform and not MP.

The RAF Police is a completely separate organisation from the Royal Military Police of the Army with its own Provost Marshal reporting into the air force chain of command.

Where could I find a photo of Air Corps Police

Comment

Not bad 4 posts and we are already out of our depht..take a breath Bren Gun..someone will come up with the answers ASAP

Welcome to the board BTW
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Many thanks for the welcome. I have a keen interest in Irish military history.

Best regards, Brendan O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by BrenGun View Post
                  I would be interested in understanding what, if anything, is different between the Air Corps Police and the Army MP in terms of uniform and command. RAF Police wear a white hat and are know as snowdrops. They also wear an RAFP armband in RAF blue uniform and not MP.
                  The armband is only now worn on the dress No 1's. They used to wear the No 2 armband years ago only becuase they had black rain coats with no markings. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by BrenGun View Post

The RAF Police is a completely separate organisation from the Royal Military Police of the Army with its own Provost Marshal reporting into the air force chain of command.

Where could I find a photo of Air Corps Police
                    Well, in DPM dress, the only differences in uniform are:

1. Rank markings (Air Corps specific)

- see www.bailerweb.com for details on these...

2. Air Corps badge appropriate to rank on the red beret
                    - officers have a different pattern badge to enlisted ranks

Have never seen an Air Corps MP in dress uniform.

Would imagine it's Air Corps uniform with red band on peak cap, at least this is
                    how the Naval Servive MPs look
                    The MP brassard is common across all 3 services

In the Defence Forces, the CO of the Bde MP Coy is an APM.

I imagine that the same applies to the CO of the Air Corps MP Sqn (?)
                    Last edited by Truck Driver; 13 January 2009, 23:01.
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Didn't know Pigs could fly

Sorry I couldn't resist.
                      Reservists are too ignorant to drop out of anthing. Its a Known Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagger63 View Post
                        Didn't know Pigs could fly

Sorry I couldn't resist.
                        What do you think of my Pig!!!

Comment

Yes there are not Assistant Provost Marshals (APMs) in the AC & NS. There is a thread on the board about it somewhere.

Comment

i think truck driver hit the nail on he head! AFAIK sd no.1 is the same as the rest of the air corps except for the red band on the peaker. Not sure if there is an air corps MP officer, ive never saw one any way!

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
                              What do you think of my Pig!!!

ha reminds me of a sergaeant in my batt. I call him captain america. im sure someone here prob knows im on about ha
                              Reservists are too ignorant to drop out of anthing. Its a Known Fact.

Comment

Working...
                              X