Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Ambulance

I have not seen this posted yet,

Plans for a dedicated all-Ireland air ambulance service have been launched in Cork.
    "Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well." -Craig Stadler

Nothing new here just a publicity tour.

"The Bulker helicopter arrived in Cork today and will operate eight hours a day during weekdays."

Completely incorrect. the 'Bolkow' arrived in Cork yesterday for a three day tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tadpole View Post
      Nothing new here just a publicity tour.

"The Bulker helicopter arrived in Cork today and will operate eight hours a day during weekdays."

Completely incorrect. the 'Bolkow' arrived in Cork yesterday for a three day tour.
      I think they ment whrn operational, is there a SLA with HSE for its use?

300k is not a lot for an air ambulance service

Comment

€300,000 is just to set up.
        On six One last night they quoted €85,000 per month operating costs, approx €1 mil per year.
        ie the start up costs, which havent yet been rasied, have to be turned over every 3.5 months!

No HSE SLA as far as I am aware. At last I heard HSE would not get involved in charity organisations because if they fell through the HSE would be left carrying the can.

Comment

There was a post a while back about an Irish HEMS service, there is a HSE report on it available online. There was also a post about an organisation asking was it legit (can't find it now - think it was called "alpha 5" or something like that). I've since found out it is and they are/will operate out of Enniskillen.

Comment

No HSE SLA as far as I am aware. At last I heard HSE would not get involved in charity organisations because if they fell through the HSE would be left carrying the can.
            I have to question in that case how they are going to get called out, all of the UK Air Ambulances are called out by the Ambulance Control operators.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              There was a post a while back about an Irish HEMS service, there is a HSE report on it available online. There was also a post about an organisation asking was it legit (can't find it now - think it was called "alpha 5" or something like that). I've since found out it is and they are/will operate out of Enniskillen.
              I had a look at the site and there seems to be no updates since last year. I wonder how far they have progressed.

http://aa999.co.uk/

Comment

There main aim at the minute is fundraising.

There was a write up in Emergency Service Ireland magazine I think but can't find it now.

Last edited by DeV; 17 February 2009, 17:51.

Comment

Can anybody tell me when this body began fundraising?

As of 12/09/08 they had €195,000. They require €85,000 per month to keep running. I assume therefore they commenced not long before 01/06/08?
                  This would be a measure of the areas capability to support such an operation

Comment

Can anybody tell me when this body began fundraising?

As of 12/09/08 they had €195,000. They require €85,000 per month to keep running. I assume therefore they commenced not long before 01/06/08?
                    This would be a measure of the areas capability to support such an operation
                    I believe they have been fundraising a lot longer than that, certainly I heard abotu them well over a year ago.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X