Air Corps chopper got in to difficulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muzzle View Post
    Nah I was just somewhere where it was on.
    everyone says that... the guy that complained was spending too long in the park anyway.. probably was wearing a long overcoat... maybe he found the door..or he was hunting the deer that the door fell on...

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
      Now THAT is scary.
      Remove scary and insert another word begining with S and ending in tupid

Comment

I've been deployed with GPMG's from an AW139 and it banked hard coming up to the LZ and there was no problems. my stomach chuned a bit as it swung around with the open door and all you can see is gound.

Comment

this is shite no minister should be flying the Air Corpse choppers, thats the job of a piloot. no wonder he forgot to put on the door
          Ranger men of Ireland rule

Comment

Whats so important about the minister for playdoe and stag parties doing, using a chopper?

Comment

The laws of physics disagree with that story...:wink:
              Last edited by Docman; 5 March 2009, 20:22.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

From the reports in te papers it seems as if the new "troop carrying" helicopters are becoming part of the MATS.. CULLEN, DEMPSEY ETC ETC. If this incident had not occured there would be no public knowledge about the (mis) use of the choppers..

Comment

My understanding is the AW139 were not to be used for MATS, and this was specifically why the EC135 was procured.

Comment

VIP Transport was one of the roles mentioned in the RFT alright, but it would make more economic sense to use an EC135. There may not have been one available. Matt Cooper did make a good point yesterday-maybe the AW139 could have been flying in a training role anyway and it was doubled up with the job of Mats. It could have been flying around empty otherwise. We dont know.

Comment

Hello all,
                      They had six 139s up on a formation flight over Blessington lakes last week, with a 139 and the Garda chopper in attendance.
                      regards
                      GttC

Comment

I "heard" that there was 2 AW 139s detailed to assist "a unit" who were exercising in Fort Davis. However the Minister "requested" one at short notice to impress the hotelliers, meaning the second while still able to operate assisting the unit in Fort Davis, was not able to do so tactically. Instead it could only drop off troops, then return to Collins Barracks. When the door fell off, it was convenient then to divert this aircraft to fly the minister. So the unit training in fort davis were denied first one, then both aircraft for an exercise where they expected to use 2.

Of course, this is just a rumour.

And as Minister cullen said, we are missing the point. "5 people were almost killed!"

what a ****wit.
                        Last edited by Goldie fish; 4 March 2009, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                          Hello all,
                          They had six 139s up on a formation flight over Blessington lakes last week, with a 139 and the Garda chopper in attendance.
                          regards
                          GttC

They flew over my house :wink:
                          Attached Files

Comment

They were going to collect Martin Ciullen and his egos
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Airlift Mary Harney maybe
                              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                I "heard" that there was 2 AW 139s detailed to assist "a unit" who were exercising in Fort Davis. However the Minister "requested" one at short notice to impress the hotelliers, meaning the second while still able to operate assisting the unit in Fort Davis, was not able to do so tactically. Instead it could only drop off troops, then return to Collins Barracks. When the door fell off, it was convenient then to divert this aircraft to fly the minister. So the unit training in fort davis were denied first one, then both aircraft for an exercise where they expected to use 2.

Of course, this is just a rumour.

And as Minister cullen said, we are missing the point. "5 people were almost killed!"

what a ****wit.
                                It fits with my post no. 40
                                "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Working...
                                X