No announcement yet.

Aer Corps at RAF Northolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most shows are pay at the gate, but Northolt is a family day and tickets are limited. The charity days are spotter oriented and are a bit wierd cos guys pay quite a bit to get in when there are no ice cream lickers in the way of a good shot, but do your research and you can get access to a lot of these. Look out for sites like this

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4271&p=88000

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpy View Post
      Most shows are pay at the gate, but Northolt is a family day and tickets are limited. The charity days are spotter oriented and are a bit wierd cos guys pay quite a bit to get in when there are no ice cream lickers in the way of a good shot, but do your research and you can get access to a lot of these. Look out for sites like this

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4271&p=88000
      Scorpy is correct. A great friend of mine is an RAFP there so that's how I get tickets to the event.

Your not wrong regarding the ice cream lickers!!

Comment

Spotter swine....I was doing railing duty at one Don air show, one time, standing in front of a Casa, handing out leaflets and answering questions about the aircraft when along comes one of the breed, bursting with cameras and notebooks,etc. He asks me to step aside to take a picture.Sure, sez I , no problem.He takes the pic and asks me what the serial number was. "019", sez I."Are you sure?", sez he. I assured him that I was, given that I'd signed the Daily on it. "Where's the serial number?, sez he.
        One in the nosewheel well, one above the entrance door and one on the frame of the tail ramp, sez I.Would you like a look in the cockpit?, sez I, as the human traffic was light."Naw, sez he, just wanna see the number plate. I opened the barrier and he crawls under the wheel well, snaps off a shot of the grease-laden plate, ticks off a line in his reggie book and lopes off without a word of thanks.Cue GttC's headshake....
        regards
        GttC

Comment

That was the CIA

Comment

They are a strange breed..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
            X