Aer Corps at RAF Northolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aer Corps at RAF Northolt

Nice to see the Aer Corps 139 at RAF Northolt for Families Day. No sign apprently of the Tucano that was there last year with the 135 when I visited.

Sadly I could not make it this year

The below photo was taken by a good friend stationed at Northolt this morning with the 139 next to a Tornado.

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
    No sign apprently of the Tucano that was there last year with the 135 when I visited.
    Do you mean Pilatus???

Comment

would be great if one day we could do joint british / irish exercises / training.

who knows - maybe even cross postings like we do (the British Army) with the auzzies / kiwi's.
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
        Do you mean Pilatus???
        Sorry yes, my mistake :redface:

Comment

Thanks for posting pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post

Thanks for posting pic!
            I was informed by text message there was a rather interesting 109 parked not far from it!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              would be great if one day we could do joint british / irish exercises / training.

who knows - maybe even cross postings like we do (the British Army) with the auzzies / kiwi's.
              the navy done a few exercises with the raf rescues and we had a ras at sea with the royal navy we finished with a great day by pelting each other with spuds.. so now it is the armys turn

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post

I agree, I'd love to work with your lads.

The most we do now is sending over lads for courses, a joint Ex would be great though.

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
                  I was informed by text message there was a rather interesting 109 parked not far from it!
                  Tell us more?

Just found this a few interesting shots ...

Last edited by Orion; 7 June 2009, 12:38.

Comment

A few years ago, the Air corps, RAF, British Army and the Northern Ireland emergency services held a joint a excercise.It was staged a few years after that bus accident in which young school girls were killed when their bus overturned.Anyway the theme was similar enough a huge accident between a school bus, a lorry and several cars in a remote area.The air corps sent a 135 and the raf a puma with parameducs to stabilise and then transfer critical's to hospital.The flying was tight enough as i recall because it was windy and there was power lines all around.It was even on the news, both TV3 and BBC newsline.Does anyone else remember?

Comment

It has become an annual event now. Exercise Medical Bridge, I believe. Last one held between Derry and Donegal this year.

A few linked Northolt pics copyrighted by the web owner

http://brianamarshall.fotopic.net/p58765531.html

http://brianamarshall.fotopic.net/p58852697.html

And a link to the CAWT cross border exercises 2008 and 2009

http://www.cawt.com/gallery/index.as...ng+Test+280408
                      Last edited by Scorpy; 9 June 2009, 22:41. Reason: No links

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpy View Post
                        It has become an annual event now. Exercise Medical Bridge, I believe. Last one held between Derry and Donegal this year.

A few linked Northolt pics copyrighted by the web owner

http://brianamarshall.fotopic.net/p58765531.html

http://brianamarshall.fotopic.net/p58852697.html
                        Nice pics. I'll be there next year, what's great about families day is the event is not mobbed and you can take some great photos.

Comment

And some other photos of the event!
                          Attached Files

Comment

im supprised one of the 32 Squadron HS125's was there. The other two were on ops that day and the BAe 146's are not there at present.

I note the resident Islander BN2T CC Mk2 in the photo. First time that has been rolled out on an open day!

Edit The Islander was AAC, not the resident one. :redface:
                            Last edited by pmtts; 9 June 2009, 23:32.

Comment

i wouldnt mind attending one of these.can anyone turn up?

Comment

Working...
                              X