Air Corps ewxhibition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Corps ewxhibition

A chance to see some of the Air Corps museum collection at a exhibition hosted by South Dublin County Council at Tallaght next week.
    Display includes artifacts, equipment, models, a photographic display of aircraft used during its existance with the centre piece in the form of Marchetti 231 from the museum.
    It will be well worth a visit.
    Tony K
    Attached Files

I once gave a tour of Baldonnel to a school group from a part of Tallaght. The usual question was "where are de guns, Mister?" once they got up close to the aircraft. The PAs had to be called before long and four of them were bodily removed from the camp (fighting amongst themselves, attempting to unscrew aircraft parts, attempted vandalism of aircraft, attempted souveniring of lifejackets from a helicopter among other offences). The teachers bore the air of thousand-yard stare war veterans who were beyond pain and gave weak apologies. The real kicker was that quite a few of the teenagers were the sons and daughters of serving members, at least two of whom had to be found to deal with their sons' behaviour........
    regards
    GttC

Comment

Mick.
      Is that sufficient reason not to go ahead with the project? A number of people are working their butts off to get the exhibition off the ground. How about a bit of encouragement?
      Tony K

Comment

Don't get tetchy with me,you.I'm all in favour of educating the masses, just as long as the masses keep their mitts to themselves.
        regards
        GttC

Comment

Click Here for a link that is a bit easier to read than the flyer
          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
            Don't get tetchy with me,you.I'm all in favour of educating the masses, just as long as the masses keep their mitts to themselves.
            regards
            GttC
            Yes SIr, no Sir, whatever....there is a voucher for a taxidermist on its way to you.

Comment

Ha Ha.You can tell me to get stuffed in English.Have you the PC-9s on standby for a back-up airstrike, in case you need to do a runner?
              regards
              GttC

Comment

Calm blue ocean lads. Calm blue ocean....

Comment

Exhibition is very worthwhile, full marks to Michael Whelan and colleagues. Some job dismantling the Marchetti to get it in the gallery door and then re-assemble.

The gallery, owned by South Dublin County Council and known as Red Rua, is a short walk from the Luas Tallaght stop.

Comment

Working...
                  X