Heli crew NVE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heli crew NVE?

Ok, now that the Air corps heli crews have been using their new NVE goggles for a little while,including operationally during the recent cold snap.I have only one question.Has anybody besides the crews themselves seen them?Speaking as an NVE instructor i am curious as to what model they are using.Any pictures would of course be a bonus.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

I think it was mentioned on the DF contracts a while back...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
      Speaking as an NVE instructor i am curious as to what model they are using
      You're a wha? what does an NVE instructor do? is it the maintenance end or the user end? surely an individual can be quickly thought how to turn on, wear and stow safely their NVE equipment, no?

Comment

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
        You're a wha? what does an NVE instructor do? is it the maintenance end or the user end? surely an individual can be quickly thought how to turn on, wear and stow safely their NVE equipment, no?
        the stuff we have is top of the range- and someone has to show the lads how to
        turn it on- wear it and stow it-

that person is termed an NVE Instructor- a vital function as he serves as one of teh BN NVE personnel-

what do you call the person who instructed you the operating of NVE
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I presumed eveyone was responsible for purchasing their own pair in aldi and that maintenance was carried out by the BN geek

Comment

Anyone interested in talking about what an NVE instructor does can do it in the Army section, this topic is about AC NVE equipment.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
              Anyone interested in talking about what an NVE instructor does can do it in the Army section, this topic is about AC NVE equipment.
              FM is right

but on that topic- the normal NVE in the AC is managed by NVE Instructors-

and con incidentially they do the same NVE Instructors cse as Infantry Soldiers
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Thanks for that T&G.Much obligedAny details of make or model?

The answer is in the title.I instruct on the use of the issue NVE.

I presumed eveyone was responsible for purchasing their own pair in aldi and that maintenance was carried out by the BN geek
                What's a Bn geek?I have never seen that appointment in the CS4.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

http://www.asu-nvg.com/Products/?ProductID=104

Comment

Thanks for that Scorpy.

Comment

Comment

Now that's the dog's dangles! Hats off to all DF personnel involved. Some impressive flying and military disciplines demonstrated there. It's about time the general public got to see what the AC and our other DF elements are capable of in this day and age. Thanks to the DF press office and the ever-enthusiastic individual who produces and endeavours to have these quality clips released for our benefit.....Keep 'em coming gents!

Comment

Working...
                        X