Qatar Air Force Poaching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar Air Force Poaching?

I see in the Indo today the Qatar Air Force is looking for AW139 Techs.
    Interesting that they are advertising in Ireland the only other military using the 139.

With pay cuts and pensions levies etc. I'm sure some will consider jumping ship....

Originally posted by airmanjack View Post
    I see in the Indo today the Qatar Air Force is looking for AW139 Techs.
    Interesting that they are advertising in Ireland the only other military using the 139.
    The United Arab Emirates Armed Forces also use the 139.

Comment

Shenzen - China,

South Korea Coast Guard,

Japan Coast Guard,

Japan Police

Trinidad and Tobago - SAR/Police

UK SAR

VIH Cougar Helicopters (Oil and Gas - Gulf of Mexico)

Bulgarian Police

JSC kazackstan

Samsung Korea

Bristow Group (Oil and Gas)

Loads of techs out there.
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

every one wants the irish lads .. better trained they say and easy to get on with

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
          The United Arab Emirates Armed Forces also use the 139.
          as I said Ireland being the only other Military user of the 139....... :-)

Considering some of the special mission fits we have on our fleet (weapons mount, fast roping kit etc.), many of which were developed for the Irish 139's and most of the Certification work was carried out by the Air Corps our Techs would be in the best place to assist another user of such equipment....

Comment

How much more dosh are they offering

and are they looking for 81mm Instructors
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post

UK SAR
              Hopefully not for long!

Comment

Looks like someone thought airmanjacks thread title would make a good headline
                http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-2072717.html

Comment

Isn't recruiting for a foreign armed forces illegal here?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                    Isn't recruiting for a foreign armed forces illegal here?
                    By "here" I presume you mean this country.

Yes.

I did not see the original advertisement. If the Qatar Air Force advertised in the Irish Independent then the Irish Independent might have some questions to answer under Section 312 (1) (b) and (c) of the Defence Act 1954 - if anyone bothers to follow it up.

Section 312. Defence Act 1954
                    (1) It shall not be lawful for any person—

( a ) to induce, procure or persuade any person in the State to accept or agree to accept any commission or engagement in any military, naval or air force maintained by the Government of any other State, or

( b ) to print within the State or cause or procure to be printed within the State any notice or advertisement in relation to the procurement of personnel for any military, naval or air force maintained by the Government of any other State, or

( c ) to publish or cause or procure to be published within the State any such notice or advertisement as is mentioned in paragraph (b) of this subsection which is printed within the State.

(2) Every person who acts in contravention of this section shall be guilty of an offence under this section and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine not exceeding one hundred pounds or, at the discretion of the court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.
                    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Working...
                    X