Clear All

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Final episode tonight.

Leave a comment:

• SARMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Traumagod View Post
    Just watched tonight's episode online. Great work by the crews and kudos to all of them. Its a job Id love to do. One question (not related to the crew) and Boomer may be able to quantify this, What gobshite put a c collar on the old man and then left him on the couch with a pillow under his head???? Someone needs a kick in the ass for that one! C-collar for query spinal injury is an all or nothing affair. That means spinal board and all the bells and whistles. Not a collar only and a fcekin pillow!

I would say that the Paramedic that arrived on scene in a responce jeep was the one who put the collar on and probably did not have a board, I do agree its all or nothing with C-Spine.

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    Just watched tonight's episode online. Great work by the crews and kudos to all of them. Its a job Id love to do. One question (not related to the crew) and Boomer may be able to quantify this, What gobshite put a c collar on the old man and then left him on the couch with a pillow under his head???? Someone needs a kick in the ass for that one! C-collar for query spinal injury is an all or nothing affair. That means spinal board and all the bells and whistles. Not a collar only and a fcekin pillow!

Leave a comment:

• Helihead
    replied
    Originally posted by quattrowex View Post
    Great anti air corps propaganda ,
    Tonights episode should make you happy then. Some pro air corps proaganda on it, that should balance things up.

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    How do you upload a video here? It doesnt have a URl or anything.

Found out how!
    Last edited by Traumagod; 11 October 2010, 21:05.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I think the show was being recorded long before ideas about its closure were considered, or made public.
    Ironic though. Would have looked very bad for the show to be the swansong for the base.

Leave a comment:

• balkanhawk
    replied
    This thread has nothing to do with the AC, it is about the brave boys and gals of the CG. I admire the AC but they do a different job now. I think it is a great programme and I have it series linked on my box!

One small cheeky question, was the waterford base chosen due to the attempted closure of the base? If it is related congrats on the great PR coup.

Leave a comment:

• warthog
    replied
    what in God's name are you on about??

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    The Air Corpse write their own.

Leave a comment:

• quattrowex
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jetjock
    replied
    The ability to control the aircraft by the winchman is a system fitted to all but the backup chopper.(unless there has been a recent change)

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    To the best of my knowledge where it is fitted it can only make small corrections?

Leave a comment:

• Papa 242
    replied
    The joystick at the winchops station is part of the Auto Hover Trim, and is designed to allow the winch op ,in the door,to manoever the aircraft up to, and around, the datum overhead a target,whether it's a small vessel,a liferaft or a person in the water.
    It requires a subtlety of control to prevent the manoevring from throwing the aircraft out of trim and becoming uncomfortable/dangerous!
    When bringing a casualty inboard in a stretcher,the winchop requires both hands on the stretcher. He simply calls "hoist to pilot" and directs the amount of cable he wants the pilot to winch in or out! When the stretcher is safely inboard he calls "hoist to crew" and resumes direct hoist control!
    It's whats known as a crew operation...mutual control and support!....it's what SAR is all about!

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Hi there,
    It was one of the features of the AC Dauphin, fitted at the Don's request, which the pilots then refused to accept. They held the case that there were already two persons in charge of the helicopter and they didn't need a third (non-pilot, member of the unwashed,etc,etc) and the heli was already short enough so that the two up front had eyes on the whole time at a scene, anyway.
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• Pure Hover
    replied
    Probably works both ways. As far as I know the pilots can operate the hoist in the 61 as well if required.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X