Foreign Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Wings

The regs are fairly clear about the wearing of awards, decorations and badges from foreign forces, but the local and social interpretation of certain awards or badges, even if they are covered by the appropriate regs might discourage the wearing of the badge. For instance, I have been awarded two sets of wings, one FF set and one with a crown on them. While I don't feel an over riding desire to wear the second set, if the regs and extra conditions cover it, how would DF members feel about a badge with a crown being displayed on the uniform?

If it is Irish (FF?) wings there shouldn't be a problem with them being worn, the department to check with is DCOS!

Comment

I'd feel reassured that I wasn't dealing with someone with subversive sympathies.
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

can anybody identify the wings badge this operator is wearing please??

Last edited by X-RayOne; 14 January 2012, 13:57.
        An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Probably Osh Kosh B'Gosh !!

Comment

Dunnes Stores?????????

Comment

Working...
            X