Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Corps helicopter fire fighting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Air Corps helicopter fire fighting

    Read on the phone that the air corps are involved in the gorse fire fighting. Are they using buckets or just ferrying people? Anyone any pics?

  • #2
    See thread - 'Major Forest & Bog Fires, Army Call Out?'

    http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...346#post334346

    Comment


    • #3
      Seen it on the news. Looks very impressive. Well done all.

      Comment


      • #4
        Air Corps helicopter called in to assist with Killarney fire



        http://www.irishtimes.com/news/envir...fire-1.2172023

        Comment


        • #5
          Footage from yesterday - glad to see the fire is out now:

          Comment


          • #6
            Excellent skills there by pilots who don't do that type of flying for a living.
            German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
            German 2: Private? I am a general!
            German 1: That is the bad news.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
              Excellent skills there by pilots who don't do that type of flying for a living.
              Fantastic flying there ok, very proud of our Military and the work they do at home and overseas.

              Comment


              • #8
                So can anyone confirm if an AC heli assisted here?

                http://www.thejournal.ie/gorse-fire-...70281-Jun2015/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
                  So can anyone confirm if an AC heli assisted here?

                  http://www.thejournal.ie/gorse-fire-...70281-Jun2015/
                  Why do you need to confirm it?
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The local authority requested an IAC helicopter for a firefighting sortie but I was informed it didn't show up.
                    No mention of it here and usually Rhodes is pretty good at highlighting these sort of stories. Just wondering what the story is.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
                      The local authority requested an IAC helicopter for a firefighting sortie but I was informed it didn't show up.
                      No mention of it here and usually Rhodes is pretty good at highlighting these sort of stories. Just wondering what the story is.
                      German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
                      German 2: Private? I am a general!
                      German 1: That is the bad news.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
                        The local authority requested an IAC helicopter for a firefighting sortie but I was informed it didn't show up.
                        No mention of it here and usually Rhodes is pretty good at highlighting these sort of stories. Just wondering what the story is.
                        So when did the IAC commit to providing an aircraft on standby for firefighting duties?

                        By the way you can thank my fat fingers and a new phone for the accidental like/thank above!
                        Last edited by Jetjock; 20 June 2015, 20:28.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          http://www.military.ie/air-corps/org...the-air-corps/

                          ATCA is a secondary role of the DF. They received a request and what I've been told is they could not supply an aircraft.
                          I am just trying to figure out if that's true, or was the above news story factual.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
                            http://www.military.ie/air-corps/org...the-air-corps/

                            ATCA is a secondary role of the DF. They received a request and what I've been told is they could not supply an aircraft.
                            I am just trying to figure out if that's true, or was the above news story factual.
                            What possible reason could the bastion of journalistic integrity that is the Journal have to lie about it? You can see what looks like a whirlybird in one of the DFBs photos.
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                              What possible reason could the bastion of journalistic integrity that is the Journal have to lie about it? You can see what looks like a whirlybird in one of the DFBs photos.
                              Services on scene said that no aircraft could be supplied. There is no pictures or DF publicity.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X