Future Air Corps Jet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EagleEye,
    I don't know if pilots will have specific ejection seat training.

The aircraft deal includes "ground-based training systems" but I presume this means (a) A PC-9 mock up for training apprentice techies and (b) a flight simulator for pilot training.

Perhaps pilots will be sent on an ejector seat course in Switzerland or the UK.
    Then again perhaps they will merely be shown the position to assume if they ever do have to eject
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

I was just thinking. With Ireland contribution to the RRF would the Air Corp be better off investing in Helicopters for home such as SAR and troop transport. And if we wanted to provide a real assest to the RRF we could invest in either a troop transport unit 4-6 helo's or the same in attack Helicopters. A Irish RRF of 850 Army backed with APC's and an Attack/Troop transport unit alongside. The who be a valuable assest, and good force projection. Looking at prices you can get a AH-64D Longbow for about €15m or a blackhawk for € 10m im sure the US government would be happy to give us a good deal on any military hardware. Just an idea, ye will probably rubbish it.

Comment

Actually that's more or less what most people advocate here. New helicopters & fixed-wing transports would be of more use to the DF than fighters.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

so we co-opt the raf as our furure protectors????

makes no sence at all.!:(

Comment

Working...
          X