No announcement yet.

Pilatus PC-9M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at least, if they do buy APKWS, it can be fired from a ground launcher on a vehicle.

Comment

• Air Corps Cadetships advertised today

Comment

• So if the PC9m is flagged to be replaced from 2025 onwards, are we going to replace like for like, or purchase a more advanced jet based trainer.
        "Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well." -Craig Stadler

Comment

• Originally posted by gaff85 View Post
          So if the PC9m is flagged to be replaced from 2025 onwards, are we going to replace like for like, or purchase a more advanced jet based trainer.
          Or it stays in service long after that, the chances of a replacement program starting in the next 3 years seems "remote" to me.

Comment

• If they want it gone in end 2025, with a replacement standing on the ramp in time for cadetship 2026, they need to start now. Like, today. Requests for tenders or proposals out to the industry press by next month and then stand back and let the DoD and DoF argue about monies. Beech will dust off the brochures for T-6 II (upgraded, of course) and Pilatus will roll out the PC-21 EI and let the games begin...

Comment

• Air Corps Equipment – Tuesday, 24 Sep 2019 – Parliamentary Questions (32nd Dáil) – Houses of the Oireachtas
              "The existing fleet of eight (8) Pilatus PC9 training aircraft is not due for replacement until 2025"

I also seen this date if im not mistaken within the current review
              "Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well." -Craig Stadler

Comment

• I can say with absolute certainty that the PC-9s won't be going anywhere until the far side of 2030.

They are in the process of getting a mid life upgrade. Mainly avionics for the likes of RNAV which they are not currently equipped.

And that's before you start discussing the SCAR POD vanity project. Who needs an ISR PC12 when you have a PC9. *rolleyes*

Unless the minister announces and intention to do a deal with SAAB/Lockheed in next weeks memo, they are going nowhere.

The lack of technicians over the last few years has crippled servicability with generally 1-3 being available on a daily basis.

Comment

• So if there here till after 2030.....
                  What upgrades are available to make them of more use than just a trainer.....
                  For example COIN....

Comment

So if there here till after 2030.....
                    For example COIN....
                    Lad this is just farcical

Comment

So if there here till after 2030.....
                      For example COIN....
                      Fit new aircraft to the Ejector seat. Maybe something F16-D like.
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

Fit new aircraft to the Ejector seat. Maybe something F16-D like.
                        Well if the US licensed produced aircraft AT-6E Wolverine can be up armed, why not the PC9 that it is based on, it may take money and out side the box thinking locally.

Comment

• For what purpose?

Comment

• So I can have my call of duty fantasy at home

Comment

• According to Gerry on the Baldonnel Movements page, 4 French Air Force PC21s arrived today, does anyone know if it is for some joint training or just a navigational training visit?

Comment

• Show and tell?

Comment

Working...
                                X