X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

And yet “training aircraft” hasn’t been mentioned anywhere officially

i still say it’s a typo for “transport” as in C295s for delivery next year
    The 295s were mentioned earlier in the article alongside the IPVs.

Now it's possible the journalist may have been briefed about replacement training aircraft in the pipeline and misheard/misprinted it as "Piper" Training Aircraft.
    It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
    It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
    It was a new age...It was the end of history.
    It was the year everything changed.

Comment

The PC-9s aren’t due for replacement until 2025, no PIN, no tender, no official statement anywhere about “training aircraft”…. Made up
      And again given the comments about how limited the department is in the procurement area and other projects as well, I still don't see the PC9s going anywhere till long after 2025.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTU View Post

The 295s were mentioned earlier in the article alongside the IPVs.

Now it's possible the journalist may have been briefed about replacement training aircraft in the pipeline and misheard/misprinted it as "Piper" Training Aircraft.

“The capital allocation for Defence will increase by €35 million or 25 per cent to €176 million. This is a step change in capital funding for Defence, and will be used to prioritise the development of a Primary Radar capability to secure our airspace and upgrades in Force Protection and Defence Forces infrastructure projects.”

no mention anywhere of new aircraft

Comment

“The capital allocation for Defence will increase by €35 million or 25 per cent to €176 million. This is a step change in capital funding for Defence, and will be used to prioritise the development of a Primary Radar capability to secure our airspace and upgrades in Force Protection and Defence Forces infrastructure projects.”

no mention anywhere of new aircraft
          Yes because, journalist don't have access to other sources of information other then offical press releases.
          It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
          It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.

Comment

• Like the reported €300m we are going to spend on 3 top of the range Lockheed Martin primary radars?

Comment

Like the reported €300m we are going to spend on 3 top of the range Lockheed Martin primary radars?
              Or the €200m MRV thats been talked about in one form or another for the last 15+ YEARS.

Comment

• Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Any update on the SCAR pods or target towing pods that being bought for the PC-9? Or will there be a hold up until the Codf Implantation Plan is released?
                Time for me to check in on how the mini-fighter upgrade is going? Are these still under consideration or knocked on the head? Has the PC-9 cockpit upgrade project gone ahead?

I really just want to see a picture of a post-upgrade one in the new paint scheme with sharks mouth teeth scheme... NVGs anyone?
                Last edited by meridian; 8 April 2023, 00:44.

Comment

Time for me to check in on how the mini-fighter upgrade is going? Are these still under consideration or knocked on the head? Has the PC-9 cockpit upgrade project gone ahead?

I really just want to see a picture of a post-upgrade one in the new paint scheme with sharks mouth teeth scheme... NVGs anyone?
                  The sharks mouth paint scheme idea has been scrapped for a toothless tiger instead.
                  Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post

The sharks mouth paint scheme idea has been scrapped for a toothless tiger instead.
                    Touché

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post

Comment

• A black panther it is then! Thanks DeV.

I've just looked at the EDP 2020-2024 again, PC9 'mid-life' refit down for 2022-24. We could be waiting for those pods for a while longer.

Comment

Any update on the SCAR pods or target towing pods that being bought for the PC-9? Or will there be a hold up until the Codf Implantation Plan is released?
                          Any movement on the SCAR pods?

Comment

• Clearly there is no longer a need for the target towing pods.. given there is nothing to shoot at them with.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                              Clearly there is no longer a need for the target towing pods.. given there is nothing to shoot at them with.
                              HMGs and GPMG(SF)s, NS 20mm, AC gun pods

Comment

• AC gun pods are not suited to air to air. NS 20mm never used the drogues, they shoot at flares, and I doubt either 12.7mm or 7.62mm has the physical presence to be recorded as a hit on the drogue, let alone justify the expense of acquisition.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X