No announcement yet.

Helicopters, how many??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an israeli comany providing conversion kits to western avionic standards

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Goldie, could you see the Irish Government doing what could be a high profile deal with the Israelis? It would not be possable to keep it out of the media.
      I have posted the opening post on franks site as well, to see what appears there.
      "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
      Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
      Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Can anyone give a time frame as to when the tender will go out? I havent seen any articles naming possible replacements since Smith's speech that the tender was going out.

Once it goes to tender whatever best cheapest capable heli has to win. Anything else would breach EU tendering rules. The US firms defintely have a better chance in winning the tender.

Comment

Would Leasing be a faster lead in time in the short term,while waiting for a drawn out tender process?

Comment

Goldie, I think leasing could avoid the tendering process altogether, just by altering the lease to lease to buy when a firm decision had been made to buy, but I would not swear to that.
            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

So Turkey what's the scoop?

Also I don't believe that leasing versus purchase changes anything as far the legal issues about contract tendering.

Is this being kept top secret or what?

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

I think even if you lease you have to tender for the lease, if you know what i mean.
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

The naval option has long gone...it may never enter the equation again
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The arrival of the CASA removed the Need for the Shipboard Heli in Irish service.

Comment

Flight international is reporting that the Air Corps is shortly to tender for 'up to six' LUH.

And I should stress 'LUH', this means something in the A109/EC135 class, not UH-60 or A139.
                      Last edited by Aidan; 4 March 2004, 18:59.

Comment

The minister in his recent question session said it'd be taking place in a few weeks, and the quantity was 4-6.

Comment

I guess when you think about it, six big helis is better than 15 small ones.......isn't it?

Comment

Why not refit the eithne to take UAVs ....these could doe the same job with minimal rsk and at a fraction of the cost?
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Goldie,
                              The tender will be for LIGHT UTILITY HELI'S.Accordind to last weeks Flight International six will be ordered.

Comment

Originally it was reccomended that the 15 assorted type helis be replaced with 8 single type. Considering the workload involved with those helis,and the downtime,6 is below the minimum requirment....unless they are planning to continue with the Medium Lift plan....

Comment

Working...
                                X