Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CASA Replacement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Anzac View Post

    It does DeV. In fact with 15 tonnes payload / 8 463L pallets it can. Beirut is 2115nm from Dublin. Check that fact sheet above again.
    I stand corrected, too early and not enough coffee

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post

      the C295s will allegedly be capable of rapid changeover to plain cargo/para/casevac. Allegedly. Not in the real world,though.
      Don’t think it is intended, the C295s will have a much more capable MPA fit out and will have an improved (and more useful (over current situation)) transport capability with it still fitted.

      will it be able to carry the full spectrum of what we transport on an annual basis, no.


      Comment


      • the "improved transport capability" is simply a longer fuselage and a few more airline seats and a few more feet on the tie down rails. Somebody in DoD is determined the AC transport ability remains at token levels, hence a PC-12 as a box carrier.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Charlie252 View Post

          15 Tonnes is perfect, 120 troops and a lot of baggage, ideal company size transport.

          That Factsheet is gold dust should be sent to the Cabinet and the Sec Gen DOD along with a Picture of a Mowag driving out of a C-130..
          You could stick it up on a billboard outside all Government buildings and it would make no difference.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post

            You could stick it up on a billboard outside all Government buildings and it would make no difference.
            Or on a blue and yellow bus and drive it through said building

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
              the "improved transport capability" is simply a longer fuselage and a few more airline seats and a few more feet on the tie down rails. Somebody in DoD is determined the AC transport ability remains at token levels, hence a PC-12 as a box carrier.
              Yes and no

              but in fairness that is what we are looking for in a transport, something that can carry troops/cargo

              Comment


              • Originally posted by apod View Post
                I've seen the AC powerpoint briefing on the new aircraft. Impressive is not the word.They will be a huge leap up in terms of capability and range.And No.They will NOT just be used to fly over fishing boats.
                Can you give some detail??

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Charlie252 View Post

                  Can you give some detail??
                  Not on an open forum like this. Internal AC Presentation up on IKON.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

                  Comment


                  • I have been looking at the C-295 Persuader as an MPA and as far as I can see, it is very much a bird for what we are doing with it. Control of the EEZ. What it is not, is suitable for ASW. It appears to be missing any kind of MAD capability as well as the ability to deploy sonoboys.

                    So if we got serious about not having Russian subs interfering with the Intarwebs around here, we'd need something more serious. SAAB Swordfish Q400 springs to mind.

                    Comment


                    • The C295 can have MAD and sonobuoy dispenser fitted just not our versions

                      Comment


                      • MOD: MPA Thread Merged with this one. There is already one thread to discuss the replacement of the current Casa 235 and it's replacement the C-295. That is sufficient.
                        Also seeing as the C-295 will not be solely used as an MPA the subject is moot. Attempts to open an further new threads on this subject will incur sanctions.
                        Carry on.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          The C295 can have MAD and sonobuoy dispenser fitted just not our versions
                          It is damnably hard to get any kind of info on this. Glad to hear it though. Do we have the civvie wings or the ones with hard[points?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Graylion View Post

                            It is damnably hard to get any kind of info on this. Glad to hear it though. Do we have the civvie wings or the ones with hard[points?
                            quick Google tells me Chile has them
                            https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.aino...c295-asw%3famp

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Graylion View Post
                              I have been looking at the C-295 Persuader as an MPA and as far as I can see, it is very much a bird for what we are doing with it. Control of the EEZ. What it is not, is suitable for ASW. It appears to be missing any kind of MAD capability as well as the ability to deploy sonoboys.

                              So if we got serious about not having Russian subs interfering with the Intarwebs around here, we'd need something more serious. SAAB Swordfish Q400 springs to mind.
                              The Swordfish concept has been quietly shelved and is no longer marketed by Saab.

                              MAD and Sonobuoy are both options on C295, as indeed is the capability to deploy torpedoes against any contacts encountered. The aircraft, while not in the realm of the Poseidon, is scalable in terms of capability.

                              An interesting point to note - all operators of the P-8 (with the exception of India) have opted not to install a MAD boom.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jetjock View Post

                                The Swordfish concept has been quietly shelved and is no longer marketed by Saab.
                                And they would reach into he shelf and dust it off in a heartbeat if somebody showed interest. They are just currently not spending any money on marketing

                                Originally posted by Jetjock View Post

                                MAD and Sonobuoy are both options on C295, as indeed is the capability to deploy torpedoes against any contacts encountered. The aircraft, while not in the realm of the Poseidon, is scalable in terms of capability.

                                An interesting point to note - all operators of the P-8 (with the exception of India) have opted not to install a MAD boom.
                                Yes, because the idea is for the P-8 to use MAD-equipped drones that are launched from the sonobuoy racks. A 737 is not good at flying low n slow..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X