Military transport aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post

Because we are getting the MPA version, the costing overall (€211m) is quite large. The basic transport model should be significantly cheaper and affordable and a 3rd option (if an option is in the contract). Its a no brainer as you said as a stepping stone to something bigger.
    Transport version in flyaway costs could be around €30 mil

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark23 View Post

Transport version in flyaway costs could be around €30 mil
      And would mean multi-engine and type training could be conducted on it instead of the MPAs

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

And would mean multi-engine and type training could be conducted on it instead of the MPAs
        That's affordable in fairness. Considering if you get 15-20 years service from it.

Comment

• if they adjusted the package to include a bare bones C-295 cargo aircraft, from the off, that would be a smart move.

Comment

Would also keep the non MPA hours down on the MPA aircraft, and as such increase their availability for their actual role somewhat. The current aircraft get used for a lot of passenger and freight jobs that they were never intended for.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• I just had a look at A330MRTT vs A321XLR. 150M$ cs 129M$. I think if we go down that road, 330MRTT would be the way to go, given this low price difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graylion View Post
                I just had a look at A330MRTT vs A321XLR. 150M$ cs 129M$. I think if we go down that road, 330MRTT would be the way to go, given this low price difference.
                The basic A330 has a list price of $250m before the conversion to an A330 MRTT, so there is no way one can be had for $150m. In 2015 South Korea ordered 4 A330 MRTTs at a cost of $1,300m, that is $325m per aircraft!!!!
                There are no plans for an A321XLR (MRTT) nor is there any conversion available to convert a old A330 into a MRTT version.

Comment

• Originally posted by EUFighter View Post

The basic A330 has a list price of $250m before the conversion to an A330 MRTT, so there is no way one can be had for $150m. In 2015 South Korea ordered 4 A330 MRTTs at a cost of $1,300m, that is $325m per aircraft!!!!
                  There are no plans for an A321XLR (MRTT) nor is there any conversion available to convert a old A330 into a MRTT version.
                  Interesting. Google mentioned the lower price, but I didn't dig. And I am aware that there is no A321MRTT, that's why I didn't mention it.

Comment

• Apparently a USAF C17 has paid a visit to the Don

Comment

Apparently a USAF C17 has paid a visit to the Don
                      Are we due a visit of someone high up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post

Are we due a visit of someone high up?
                        Technical stop

Comment

• Some reports saying Pilot originally from Longford, and took a roundabout way home, taking in his old stomping ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
                            nor is there any conversion available to convert a old A330 into a MRTT version.
                            Yes there is. The RAAF aircraft are ex Qantas and were converted in Brisbane by Qantas Defence Services.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                              Some reports saying Pilot originally from Longford, and took a roundabout way home, taking in his old stomping ground.
                              ATC conversation confirming the above. Nice jolly for someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anzac View Post
                                Yes there is. The RAAF aircraft are ex Qantas and were converted in Brisbane by Qantas Defence Services.
                                Not quiet, the first aircraft was direct from Airbus (EADS at the time) and QDS was partnered with EADS to finish the conversion of the other aircraft using the parts delivered by EADS. Without those parts QDS would not have been able to do a conversion. Currently Airbus does not offer a conversion package for old A330s, they prefer to sell new A330 MRTTs. Also there is an issue with feedstock as the MRTT is based upon the -200 variant and they are in demand for conversion to freighters. For it to be worthwhile for Airbus to offer such a conversion there would need to be sufficient customers to make it pay. I expect that the RAAF ended up paying more for their aircraft than what a new build would have cost. Naturally they would counter that because they were converted in Australia they have better local support!

Comment

Working...
                                X