New Helis-The final Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Helis-The final Poll

According to all media and sources,this is whats on the list of final contenders. Vote for a UH and an LUH
    Sikorsky S76 (UH)
    23.33%
    Sikorsky S70 (UH)
    25.56%
    Eurocopter EC145(UH)
    5.56%
    Eurocopter EC135(LUH)
    15.56%
    Agusta A109 (LUH)
    15.56%
    Agusta AB139 (UH)
    5.56%
    Other LUH/UH type
    8.89%

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

I broke the rules and voted for the S76 as the LUH, as in addition to the stated LUH task, it would make such a nice VIP transport that the politicians may leave the S70s alone to do real military work!

As a matter of interest, I know it was stated elsewhere that Sikorsky did not propose a LUH however does anyone know if the bidders had to specifically state that their bid was for the LUH or the UH?

IAS

Comment

There are 2 seperate tender competitions. However:

Tenderers may tender for both types of helicopter or for either the Light Utility Helicopter or the Utility Helicopter.
      I imagine a blackhawk would be a bit over specified for an LUH though...

Comment

I`d say they`ll go for the ec135 for obvious reasons and probably Blackhawk if the politicians haven`t ruined everything and decided on the ec145. Personally I`d like to see the AB139 as the UH.
        Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

You could have just clicked on those options in the poll....

Comment

The EC cos its better suited to MATS

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              The EC cos its better suited to MATS
              Which ec? Why didnt you jist click the options on the poll? what part of the poll process confuses you? At election time do youi bring a blank ballot paper to the table and shout your vote to the people sitting by the ballot box?

Comment

But what about the Blackhawk? I don't see it there...
                If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slacker
                  But what about the Blackhawk? I don't see it there...
                  The Blackhawk is designated S70 for foreign sales.
                  Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

We shouldnt be waiting much longer for a decision,I imagine.

Comment

Anything but Eurotrash

Please, please order anything but those pieces of plastic sh-t from the bas---ds who threatened legal action and caused the S/H 92 'CYCLONES' cancellation!!!!! Because of them the Corps lost its SAR and morale crashed through the floor!!!!!!! I didn't notice the Gardai too bloody worried about fleet commonality when buying their second chopper!!!!

Screw the lot of them! We aren't a third world hole! We want the right kit and we want it now, ok! Now that I have completely cracked with all the bullshit that goes on, just have the BALLS to place a real f--king order and stop pi--ing around. For Christ sake what is this??? After TWO decades we are finally actually going to get the fly boys some gear, so order 10 UH 60L Blackhawks with NVG COMPATIBLE COCKPIT AND CABIN, ACTIVE DETECTION & DEFENCE EQUIPMENT AND BLOODY MINIGUNS, OK.

PS when you're at it you can bloody well order 4 S/H76 AS WELL!!! :redface:
                      Sarsfield

Comment

The Blackhawk is designated S70 for foreign sales.
                        Doh! Apologies all round. scratch one for "others" and mark one for "s70".

Could be worse. Came back from Farnborough telling all asundry about the new experimental Super Hornet, only to be told it was already in service! I relly have to get my head out of my 1990s World Aircraft Information Files.....

*edited in response to sarsfeild*

Okayyyyyyyyy someone needs to switch to decaf today..........
                        Last edited by Slacker; 26 October 2004, 17:29.
                        If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance (yes there is a lot of it to pardon), why are they seeking tenders for 2 specs? Are they seriously going to buy two types?

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot. - Marx (G)

Comment

Yes. Try to go back a few months in the section and it is explained at length what is actually required.

Comment

Air Corps people are in Germany at present, looking at the EC-135 and the EC-145.
                              I do not know if they will be doing Italy and the USA too, or if that has already been done.
                              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X