• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Come-quickly
    Commandant

• Come-quickly
    replied
    Why don't you just cut and paste it and the use the quote code?
    (Oh sorry not supposed to know that)

Leave a comment:

• Turkey
    Brigadier General

• Turkey
    replied
    Suggestion to Paul G: Would you start a new thread on your previously suggested helicopter line-up for the Air Corps, I like the sound of it, and think it should be discussed on it's own merits. I would start it myself but it's your idea.

Leave a comment:

• Stinger
    replied
    I think the problem with that statement is his definition of the word "soon" as we all know it takes an eternity for a politican to get anything done. And even when s/he does do it it will probably be only a half hearted attempt or altogetether wrong

Leave a comment:

• Tucco
    Private 3*

• Tucco
    replied
    Helis

When Smithy announced the PC-9m order, he told the press "a new contract for medium lift helicopters would emerge soon".

Most people realise the orginal was cancelled because it was an almighty cock-up of a tender. It wasn't really to do with cuts. Just suited DoD to cancel it using that excuse.

Leave a comment:

• Stinger
    replied
    I gues that's politics for ya. I don't know if we should complain so much about these new jets lets face it they will probably be the only new jets we are going to get for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Infy
    Sergeant Major

• Infy
    replied
    with all the talk of cutbacks don't think any new heli's are on the way. then again its well and good for auld bertie to go and buy a new jet. that man should be stuck on top of that spike least then it will be something worth looking at

Leave a comment:

• Stinger
    started a topic new helis

new helis

What is the government currently doing about the contract for new helicopters? I know that the contract for the S-92's was cancelled but has it been put out to tender again or are they putting it on the long finger for another few years.
Working...
X