No announcement yet.

AB139..what colour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder will it be shiny green or drab green ?

Somebody suggested black earlier. While it would look cool, it would defeat the prupose of camoflague.
    The RAF paint their Tucanos and Bell 412's black because apparently they did a study and it is the most noticable colour for an aircraft ?!
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
      shiny green
      Metallic paint. Comes as standard, for all your anti-camo needs

Comment

Did a not so welcome post disapear or am I dreaming (seems Ferdia replied)?

As much as I disagree with "1984" I think it should be left on the board as an example of the reason politicians view military expenditure as they do - no votes.,If "1984" is really a member of the DF, then he/she should be happy that others, of the kind he appears to pour scorn on, take an interst in the DF and want (some of) their and his taxes spent on the DF (all branches).

IAS

Comment

go with the grey to match the sky as far as I know the RAF have given up on colour schemes to match in with the ground and gone for schemes to match the sky
          i.e. there more worried about ppl on the ground seeing them than airplanes flying higher seeing them
          think of it this way if you illuminated an objest against the skyline and then start to adjust the power setting with a rheostat YOU WILL hit a point at which the background light and illum light are equal effectively masking the object
          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Saighdur1984 posted an incoherent, abusive rambling about sandbaggers discussing the colour of the new helis. I banned him for a week & got an equally incoherent & abusive rambling about Hitler, Stalin & the Balkans. He also threatened to send me a virus.

I don't think we'll be hearing much more from him.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I went with dark grey to match our sky (who needs stealth). Think black would be the coolest looking colour but i take the point earlier that someone made about it being the easiest colour in the sky to see.
              Although thinking about it now i'd rather the black..... not as if we are goin to war anyway soon, so might as well make our heli's look good.

Comment

Working...
              X