Their finest hour, [so far!] ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their finest hour, [so far!] ????

Word has reached me of a strong rumour going around Bal' concerning the awful events in South-East Asia.
    It seems that the possiblity of sending 3 A111's, some techies, and a whole rake of pilots, is being actively discussed.
    The aircrafts may be transported to the disaster area by Antonov heavy lift aircrafts, a type which the Irish DF have already had some experience with.
    While I would like to stress that this is, as yet, only a rumour, the implications of this could be far-reaching, for both the IAC, and the rest of the DF.
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Even though the white paper assured everyone that the air corps would never be deployed overseas. Maybe its time to shread the white paper.

Its about as useful as a .......really useless thing

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well considering a lot of it hasn't been implemented....why not??
      If they A/C go overseas the government might finally start investing in some new kit for them(besides the current tender)
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

The VIP fleet goes overseas all the time, maybe we should use the GIV and the Lear to deliver badly needed luxury chocolates and fine wines to the disaster area.
        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Don't remember the white paper carrying any such "assurances" for PDF members.

Comment

It did as I recall rule out an overseas role for the IAC
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

does that mean we can get rid of the VIP aircraft
              There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                Maybe its time to shread the white paper.

Its about as useful as a .......really useless thing
                It's white for a reason:

Comment

That will be the day - the day the Air Corps will be deployed abroad. They couldn't even deploy to Sligo.
                  ________
                  SUZUKI GT750 HISTORY
                  Last edited by Smithy; 9 March 2011, 14:55.

Comment

You have American and French vessels with Seahawks/ pavehawks and gazelle choppers to name but a few.

Then come the Irish air corp to help with there 40+ years old obsolete choppers.

These kind of operations should be left to the people with the resources to help, or it could turn into a "to many chefs spoil the broth" situation.
                    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

If the Aer Corp could not keep one chopper deployed on Eithne, I find it difficult to see how they can deploy 3 to a disaster area on the far side of the world. I would love to see it happen but on past performance........

Comment

The Indians are doing allright with their A111's, they need less looking after then the Seahawks ect.
                        Smithy, thank you for your unwelcome and unhelpful comments!

Comment

I wouldn't have called Smithys comments unwelcome or unhelpful they just brought a bit of reality to the debate.

Comment

Ahh, another 'expert' on the subject of the Irish Air Corps.
                            What reality was that exactly????
                            I am dieing to know.

Comment

Originally posted by B Inman
                              If the Aer Corp could not keep one chopper deployed on Eithne, I find it difficult to see how they can deploy 3 to a disaster area on the far side of the world. I would love to see it happen but on past performance........
                              Past performance was carried out by past personalities who have for the most part left the service. In the past the RDF was a drinking club,while the PDF was the rest home for old soldiers who couldnt get a proper job. Things change.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X