Air Corps Recruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Corps Recruit

Can anyone tell me the main difference between an Air Corps Recruit and Army Recruit.
    As well as that do the normal qualification requirements apply because it doesn't sound like there are any particular requirements unlike the cadetships.

"Education:

You must satisfy the Interview Board and the Manpower Office that you possess a sufficient standard of education for service in the Air Corps."

Air Corps flies sh*t, Army shoots sh*t. Easy as pie, I say.
    "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Yeh, but what i want to know is what the hell does an air corps recruit do, cus it aint flying as you need to go through the cadetship for that.
      So i mean if aint flying what the hell else is there to do in the air corps?

Comment

somebody has to fix the planes and choppers...
        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by stameen soldier
          somebody has to fix the planes and choppers...
          thats the job of technicians

the air corps doesn't recruit line class privates, they transfer from Army and NS.

Duties include:
          admin, CIS, ATC (Air Traffic Control), SARO (Sensor and Radar operator) in the CASA, crewmen for helicopters, flight attendants for MATS (Ministerial Air Transport Service) flights, etc

Comment

the air corps doesn't recruit line class privates, they transfer from Army and NS.
            "The Air Corps has a requirement to recruit young adventurous people to serve as private soldiers. Non- technical private soldiers in the Air Corps are transferred in from the Army as required. However in this year recruits will be taken directly for the Air Corps."

Got this on the official website. They seem to be taking them in directly this year.

Comment

I stand corrected but the rest stands

Comment

Are you saying only officers fly or can any ranks be pilots?
                Factories dont burn themselves down, they need help from people like you and me.

Comment

Yup, officers control the planes, Privates and NCOs do everything else.
                  If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Originally posted by PTE bog
                    Are you saying only officers fly or can any ranks be pilots?
                    Only officers are pilots
                    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Dumb question.....

Is it that only officers can fly planes or planes and helicoptors.

Reason i ask is that there is an old dude who lives near me who left the air corp as a FltSgt and claims that he was with the Aer Corp training to fly their first helicoptors.

J

Comment

Just answered my own question. Given the age of this guys this is probably the answer

The year 1943 saw a radical plan to maximise pilot numbers: Sergeant pilots received flying training to "Wings" standard, whereas all previous pilots had been commissioned officers. In total, thirty-one were trained, many of whom retired in the mid 'forties to commercial aviation careers of distinction

J

Comment

That was only introduced during the Emergency to make up for shortfalls in pilot manpower. I doubt that you'll ever see the likes of it again.
                          Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Can anyone tell me the main difference between an Air Corps Recruit and Army Recruit

the length of their hair, Army recruits have regulation haricuts , Air Corp gang members have afros and perms

and most of us are jealous
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
                              Can anyone tell me the main difference between an Air Corps Recruit and Army Recruit

the length of their hair, Army recruits have regulation haricuts , Air Corp gang members have afros and perms

and most of us are jealous
                              Hedgehog, my sides are still aching from the laughter. As for trying to explain to
                              people why my eyes look misty.......
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                              X