Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Army, the preliminary interview is first (in April) then the fitness test is at the end of June or so. Phone the DF Competitions section if you don't believe me. I know it was different in other years but that's what it is this year (even though the brochure says differently)

Comment

For the Air Corps, the fitness test is definately first because there are applicants who have received dates for testing, some as early as next week. They don't have to have a medical check up first though..

Comment

nope, for the army cadetships the fitness test has been changed as of last year to the first test as in the last few years they have found that they were payin out for people to do various assessments and organising accomodation for them in various barracks etc, only for half them to fail the fitness at the end. so it worked out handier to try cut down on the numbers from the beginning by having the fitness first. that way there were less peple to schedule for preliminary interviews etc. As "ZH195"said the fitness tests should be starting from the middle of april. and preliminary interviews from end of may.
        Just in case I'm not enough of a freak already, let's add a Tiara!!!

Comment

eh the first interviews are tomorrow for the army
          The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

nope, for the army cadetships the fitness test has been changed
            Listen to me - the army fitness test is after the preliminary interview. These interviews are starting this week. Fact.

ZH195 - I think you are right about the Air Corps test as I know of 1 person who is going for their fitness test next week. For whatever reason, the process seems to be a bit different from the Army.
            Last edited by ICUN; 6 April 2005, 11:25.

Comment

There has been so many contradictory dates mentioned I dont know which to believe anymore. I do know though that the Air Corps are having fitness tests first and interviews within 2/3 weeks, starting next week.
              "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

I got my info from the only people who actually know, the DF competitions section. They're only a short phone call away if anyone wants a definite answer.

Comment

Thats good enough for me.....
                  "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

if you've applied for the Air Corps.....best of luck!

Comment

Dont know how it is now, but when I went through the process it was preliminary interviews in April, followed by aptitude testing about 6 weeks later. Then the fitness test in the Phoenix Park followed by the final interview in Mckee. The medical is a holy joke - no chest x-ray, no nothing. Basically ask you how your feeling, are you dying etc, but the hearing test was paramount. Thats just for the Army though.

Comment

My mistake..All Air Corps applicants must have a cert from their GP to say that they are medically fit to undergo the physical fitness test

Comment

--
                          Last edited by Ferdia; 16 April 2005, 01:17.

Comment

You'd have to contact the competitions section about that, no one here knows enough to give you a proper answer.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Just a couple of questions.....do many of the cadets applying for the air corps have much flying experience?and is it an advantage if you do have flying experience?

Comment

I have a friend who is an air corps cadet, and he had no prior flying experience. So i am guessing it is not of paramount importance.
                                The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Working...
                                X