End of another era...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of another era...............

The last surviving IAC Gazzelle is for sale, sensible offers to Willie, your friendly secondhand helicopter dealer, it's a nice aircraft and could prove a real bargin for some lucky [rich] b/stard.
    Also in addition to the one Dauphin now stopped, a second one should join it by the end of june, with the other 2 being withdrawn by the end of the year.
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

What will replace them.

Comment

EC135P2 x 2(doesn't anyone read old topics any more? Second person this week!)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
        EC135P2 x 2(doesn't anyone read old topics any more? Second person this week!)
        2 EC135s to replace 2 Gazelles and 4 Dauphins. Thats what, 1/3 of what we have now. And thats not including the Alouettes
        "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

Ah, the Gazelle. Nicest looking helicopter thay ever had.
          No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Dillon
            2 EC135s to replace 2 Gazelles and 4 Dauphins. Thats what, 1/3 of what we have now. And thats not including the Alouettes
            The two EC-135's are a direct replacement for the Gazelles, not the Dauphins. The Dauphins & Alouettes will be replaced by the far more capable AB-139. If the AC exercise the option on the extra two AB-139's they'll be in a better position than they've been in a long time.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I never even knew the Air Corp had gazelle's. They got one for a trial from the RAF, but I didn't know we had our own.

When did we get them?

When were they last used?
              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

We had two...241 and 237...until somebody bent one of them.....buy one get one slightly damaged free. The are a different model to the one used by the UK. Ireland used the 'L' model which was an export version.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                  We had two...241 and 237...until somebody bent one of them.....buy one get one slightly damaged free. The are a different model to the one used by the UK. Ireland used the 'L' model which was an export version.
                  The Air Corps seem to have a habit ogf damaging equipment.
                  Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                    I heard the story that it was a Cadets mobile had fell behind the rudder pedal and jammed it.
                    Anyone back it up!
                    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Yeah the gazelles were used as a heli trainer which was unusual as the machine has very powerful engine.

Dont know bout the mobile but there is a story of a simulator in the don that was broken for years as a young whipper snapper tried to do aerobatics in it. This was a proper sim aswell a mock cockpit sitting on hydralic rams.
                      Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

I heard the story that it was a Cadets mobile had fell behind the rudder pedal and jammed it.
                        Anyone back it up!
                        Sounds like a bastardisation of a case a few years ago where a civilian EC120 has a tail rotor control failure caused by a dropped mobile phone getting stuck in the yaw pedals. The successful emergency landing took place at Baldonnel.

Comment

The Air Corps record for breaking things is very good as it happens, statisticly the A111 fleet should have been entirly written off years ago.
                          BTW, the A111 fleet is expected to be withdrawn at the end of 2007, but then the Dauphins were supposed to replace then some time late in the '80's. We shall see...............

The Gazelle died from an engin stop, they nearly saved it, but the skids dug in in the field they landed in, 'tripping' the feckin thing up.
                          Oh, err, how do u break a sim?
                          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket
                            Sounds like a bastardisation of a case a few years ago where a civilian EC120 has a tail rotor control failure caused by a dropped mobile phone getting stuck in the yaw pedals. The successful emergency landing took place at Baldonnel.

http://www.aaiu.ie/upload/general/3524-0.PDF
                            Thats it i'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey
                              Oh, err, how do u break a sim?
                              Acrobatics i'm guessing too much for the hydraulics too handle!

Comment

Working...
                              X