Visiting Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Aircraft

There is a Swedish C-130 in Bal' to-night. It's an older model....
    It flew in to-day, 'have no information on when it is going.
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

I dont know if it is staying in bal' but the "special people" it flew in are staying in the navy base till next wednesday so you should see it flying out on wednesday evening

Comment

Any ideas why a naval vessel is carrying one of these?

guess what this is for?
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

wheres the damn picture gone
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by the babs
          I dont know if it is staying in bal' but the "special people" it flew in are staying in the navy base till next wednesday so you should see it flying out on wednesday evening
          Was it them who went for a little swim last night?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

ye, they are here swimming with our "special People". our lads were over in sweden in '02 so this is the return call

Comment

Saw them out in the channel there. Thats a good mile of a swim. The little neon lights in their helmets looked surreal

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                Saw them out in the channel there. Thats a good mile of a swim. The little neon lights in their helmets looked surreal
                I think I know the location you're talking about, and they swam that at night?!?, ball's of steel
                Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Ist a big river. How do you know we are on about the same place...

Comment

2 RN Merlin [EH101] helicopters in Bal' to-day . Sadly no photos .........yet.

Comment

Is'ent modern tech stuff wonderful?
                      Attached Files

Comment

5 RN Lynxes arrived in Bal' to-day.
                        Annual SAR exercises or the Temple Bar survival course,I donno..........

Comment

Hi Guys,

Here's a link to lots of pictures of the Lynx heli's at Baldonnel:

Click for Lynx pics

Regards,

Frank.
                          IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation Photographs
                          http://www.irishairpics.com

Comment

the unusual nose turret.....i take it that was some gun/cannon arrangement? mabey reconnaissance pod....jus the cover on it looked long and barrel like!?

Comment

Lynx Mk 8 ,Seaspray 360 deg radar below the nose(surface search) and Sea Owl Thermal Imager(Gimballed mount) above the nose. Extends the eyes and "ears" of the Frigate they are working from.

We should have had one on Eithne, but thats another story...

Comment

Working...
                              X