No announcement yet.

The A3's usefulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four troops with CEFO does not a combat formation make. I would imagine that dropping four troops only with CEFO only into a hostile area would very quickly result in having four fewer troops.

But again, I'm a dumbass.

yea your a dumbass,if you had ever looked into any speciel operations units you would know that it is usually made up of four man teams,

you know you would not be such a dumbass if you actually read what you write before posting and maybe checked it out, as for the alluette it has horsed many troops in this country to many locations, those i am not going into for ops reasons but any PDF person will tell you that.

jag your constant whining and debating about things you know feck all about is really getting tiring....give it a fecking rest and learn something... dumbass

Comment

Anybody see "Reeling In The Years" tonight? 1977 was the year. Had the story of a hostage situation that happened in Dublin- lasted 8 hours. The pictures showed a few armed people running around- and an A3...which raised a few questions in my mind...

- was the A3 used for fast-roping and so on?
      - had the ERU been set up by then, or who was on the ground with the weapons?
      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by stameen soldier
        which raised a few questions in my mind...

Neither ERU or ARW had been formed at that stage. They were proberly either normal detectives (they all have the option of being armed) or the Special Detective Unit.

Comment

Originally posted by jpb
          yea your a dumbass,if you had ever looked into any speciel operations units you would know that it is usually made up of four man teams
          I know that much.

But CEFO = 24hrs as compared to CEMO, which would occupy a lot more space and would be necessary for any kind of extended operation. Not to mention comms equipment. And any terrain specific equipment which would aslo be required.
          Take these men and women for your example.
          Like them, remember that posterity can only
          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
          possession of those who have the
          courage to defend it.
          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

jag,

you just do not have a clue do you, where do you think they are going to be dropped, the falklands, and your idea of tactics ???????, and as for fighting order and marching order, what would be the point of carrying cemo in ireland with the logistical back-up right behind you.

you are still a dumbass.

Comment

Silly, silly JAG. Thinking that the role of Special Forces soldiers was to operate in areas and conditions without the full logistical backup which other soldiers had to rely on. I thought that was what made them special.

Naughty, naught Zoot- I mean silly, silly JAG.
              courage to defend it.
              Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.

Comment

Originally posted by stameen soldier
                Anybody see "Reeling In The Years" tonight? 1977 was the year. Had the story of a hostage situation that happened in Dublin- lasted 8 hours. The pictures showed a few armed people running around- and an A3...which raised a few questions in my mind...

- was the A3 used for fast-roping and so on?
                I seen that and was thinking the same thing.

It didn't show an fast roping so I'm thinking is was used to keep an eye on the area with a guy hanging out the door or something. I don't think the guards had helicopters back then?
                Last edited by mugs; 24 August 2005, 17:37.
                Theirs not to make reply,
                Theirs not to reason why,
                Theirs but to do and die:
                Into the valley of Death
                Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

No, they didn't- only got their first within the last 10 years. So they were probably just keeping an eye on them so...
                  "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

jag,

once again your arrogance astounds me, i thought you legal types deal in facts, of which you have non. have you ever been in an alluette??? i have, did i carry cefo or cemo????cemo was i there more then week???yes, was there more then four in the stick ???yes.

jag you constanly give your opinions, thats your perogative, i would not question you about legal matters so why do you question fact about the DF, you have no knowledge or experience except hearsay, you post in topics that you have not even bothered to look up...is it a case that you just want to piss people off, debate is good but know your subject because no-one here has to make you a dumbass..you do such a good job yourself.

i will admit that in legal matters you are the store of knowledge but in military matters you know sweet feck all.

Comment

Originally posted by jpb
                      jag,

you just do not have a clue do you, where do you think they are going to be dropped, the falklands, and your idea of tactics ???????, and as for fighting order and marching order, what would be the point of carrying cemo in ireland with the logistical back-up right behind you.

you are still a dumbass.
                      Post 1 (above): Why the hell would you want to carry CEMO in an Alouette? And four people is plenty for special forces.

Post 2: Of course you can carry CEMO in an Alouette!! In fact you can carry more than four troops with full CEMO. I've been on an Alouette with more than four troops carrying CEMO.

APOD says four in an Alouette with CEFO. You say more than four with CEMO. Who do I believe? And why the fcuk are you not lashing APOD for his lies/made up stories/factual errors. It was his post I was relying on for the "four troops with CEFO" bit, in case you missed it.

One of you is clearly full of sh1t. I'm not qualified to say which, so I'll let you slag one another off, presuming you can bring yourself to insult someone who isn't me.
                      courage to defend it.

Comment

jag,

i aint full of shit, i have been there and if your referring to my posts 1 and 2 that is not what i wrote, apods post was small and by his profile i gave him the benifit of the doubt but you seem to be the one professing knowledge of all, i am only talking about fact, you do not have to believe me...i dont give a shit, but its fact, why not check it up with a friend of a friend who has a dog that pisses outside an army bks, they might fill you in,

dumbass.

Comment

Way back when, the point I was attempting to make was that a small obsolete heli was a ridiculous form of conveyance for SF to either be reliant on or train on.

But the Alouette, as far as I can tell from the posts of others, is far superior to the Blackhawk and, in fact, is THE ideal tranport for any special operations group.

Gentlemen, the sky is blue. Water is wet. Fire is hot. Circles are round.

Discuss.
                          Last edited by JAG; 24 August 2005, 22:28.
                          courage to defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                            But the Alouette, as far as I can tell from the posts of others, is far superior to the Blackhawk and, in fact, is THE ideal tranport for any special operations group.

Discuss.
                            Where or when did anybody say that?

At the risk of repeating myself ,it is not suitable, but at the moment it is all that is available, if we were all to wait around until Eden arrived, we would be too old to even know about it, let alone enjoy it.
                            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Excuse me Ladies can I interupt at this point I can give you a good deal on second hand Lynx helis which are beind sold off by the RAF.......any takers.
                              Last edited by rod and serpent; 24 August 2005, 23:23.

Comment

R&S, would you take a post dated check?

not valid untill after I'm dead
                                Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Working...
                                X