Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Just the EC135, and that is only advanced level maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• Stinger
    replied
    isn't the maintenance for the garda helo's contracted out

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Hi all
    Just give them time. In six months, no one will look twice at them. After all, the handling and maintenance knowledge is already there, with the Garda helicopter. For now, they'll be all over them like a rash, figuring out how exactly they'll use them. 241 and the Alouettes will probably be quietly sidelined when their next overhauls comes up. The major advantage of these new aircraft is that availability and servicability will go up.For now, they'll get used for VIP/promo and other bullshit flights...the Army won't really get a look in until the 139s get here.
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I would hope that in time, when the decision is finally made to retire the Hardest working, and longest serving aircraft in the Air Corps, The A3, that they would be replaced one for one with the EC135.

I wouldn't expect it until after the AB139 arrives though, and the decision is or is not made to get the additional 2 Aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    Go for it!!!Modernise!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Blue Max
    replied
    Thanks GF I thought it didnt look like Germanys Eurocopter Site and was wondering why a RN Lynx was there till you said it was RNAS Yeovilton. I wonder could these Two Eurocopter EC-135P2 be first of more to come theres rumours in the Don that say there could be more to follow but like everything rumours only go so far!!! What is the board opinion on the possibilites of more EC-135s along similiar lines of the options availible for the AB139M

Leave a comment:

• sgtbilko
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish
    Hmm...

Not in artillery long then are you?
    Do you also moderate for G2

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Yeovilton, while en route on Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• The Blue Max
    replied
    Where theses photos taken in Germany or on situ to Ireland??? Either way congratulations to the photographer they are a great capture!!!

Leave a comment:

• Joshua
    replied
    He has taken the hint and edited to add link.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by mugs
    Spook I hope you haven't got a copywright on those first three pics because they've appeared on an other website.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...t=2931&page=62
    (At the very bottom)

That little shit solidus done the same to me over there a while back. Pulled a load of my photos off the web and pasted it in his own website, never once stating he had not taken them, accepting all the praise for them too.

Give me just an hour with him, a blow torch and a pair of pliers...

If you are going to use photos from somewhere else on the web, this is how best to do it.

From UKAR Message Board

Well done to Beanieman for these excellent photos.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtbilko
    Hopefully we in the artillery will get to do what every other artillery unit in other armys get to do that is to fly and land our 105 field guns and gun crews into gun positions for live shoots etc ,
    And not in the back of trucks which was great for artillery quick actions 60 years ago.
    Not with an EC135 you won't ... wait untill the UHs arrive.

Leave a comment:

• mugs
    replied
    Originally posted by Spook
    Was in baldonnel today got a few shots of 270,new camera so forgive if not the greatest quality
    Spook I hope you haven't got a copywright on those first three pics because they've appeared on an other website.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...t=2931&page=62
    (At the very bottom)
    Last edited by mugs; 5 November 2005, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Hmm...

Not in artillery long then are you?

Leave a comment:

• sgtbilko
    replied
    Hopefully we in the artillery will get to do what every other artillery unit in other armys get to do that is to fly and land our 105 field guns and gun crews into gun positions for live shoots etc ,
    And not in the back of trucks which was great for artillery quick actions 60 years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X