No announcement yet.

The S-61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldie, the kit in question is the Beartrap. When it comes to flying helos onto the deck of a pitching ship, it is the ultimate little toy. With the beartrap, any helo fitted with the necessary equipment, can be flown onto any ship(again with the fitted equipment) during any type of weather condition.
    Last edited by Guest; 1 May 2003, 19:35.

Comment

Thats the fella allright...it even hauls the heli into the hangar once its on deck..removing the need for the McTaggart scott handling system,and guys falling about on a pitching deck with chains and cables..

Thanks steve...welcome.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Saw the S-61 Flying over Swords today at Lunch Time. Standard Red/White color scheme but had Irish Air Corps Roundels.

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Anyone got any pictures of it in Air Corps markings?

Comment

The S-61 over Swords today at lunchtime was EI-MES in coast guard colours .The Aer corp s-61 is still in the hanger at Bal grounded.

Comment

New S61N Picture!

Hi Guys,

I was sent a picture of the new Irish Air Corps S61N today and I've put it up on my website, click here to see it:

IrishAirPics.com/AirCorps

Regards,

Frank.
              IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation Photographs
              http://www.irishairpics.com

Comment

Quite impressive. When did it arrive?

Comment

Nice pic, Frank, thanks.
                  :flagwave:
                  "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                  Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                  Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks Frank, you the man.
                    Meh.

Comment

Nice one Frank.

It look's excellent !

About time "IRISH AIR CORPS" was displayed on a heli !

Hopefully this is the start of good things to come.
                      IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Air Corps S61N info

Hi guys,

The Air Corps Sikorsky S61N had the civil reg EI-CXS and was initially delivered to the Air Corps on the 13th Jan 2003.

It arrived in Sligo on Thursday the 8th May and as far as I am aware, the crews are supposed to be working up and will assume SAR duties from the Finner Dauphin sometime in June.

The helicopter is on lease from CHC Ireland with Air Corps pilots but it will be maintained by a civilian crew.

I'm not sure of the rest of it's history but I'll see what else I can come up with.

Regards,

Frank.

Comment

Thats a great shot Frank thanks, pity they didn't make the 301 (SAR) sqn badge bigger and put it in a more prominent spot. But anyway thats just a tiny detail.
                          There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

A pic of the S-61 on www.military.ie

Comment

More S61 pics

Hi Guys,

I've just added 5 more pictures taken by Air Corps of the new S61 to the IrishAirPics.com website, click here to see them.

Regards,

Frank.

Comment

Working...
                              X