• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank
    replied
    More S61 pics

Hi Guys,

I've just added 5 more pictures taken by Air Corps of the new S61 to the IrishAirPics.com website, click here to see them.

Regards,

Frank.

Leave a comment:

• John
    Guest replied
    A pic of the S-61 on www.military.ie

Leave a comment:

• Stinger
    replied
    Thats a great shot Frank thanks, pity they didn't make the 301 (SAR) sqn badge bigger and put it in a more prominent spot. But anyway thats just a tiny detail.

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied
    Air Corps S61N info

Hi guys,

The Air Corps Sikorsky S61N had the civil reg EI-CXS and was initially delivered to the Air Corps on the 13th Jan 2003.

It arrived in Sligo on Thursday the 8th May and as far as I am aware, the crews are supposed to be working up and will assume SAR duties from the Finner Dauphin sometime in June.

The helicopter is on lease from CHC Ireland with Air Corps pilots but it will be maintained by a civilian crew.

I'm not sure of the rest of it's history but I'll see what else I can come up with.

Regards,

Frank.

Leave a comment:

• Silver
    Sqdn. Ldr

• Silver
    replied
    Nice one Frank.

It look's excellent !

About time "IRISH AIR CORPS" was displayed on a heli !

Hopefully this is the start of good things to come.

Leave a comment:

• yooklid
    6-40509-04014-7

• yooklid
    replied
    Thanks Frank, you the man.

Leave a comment:

• Turkey
    Brigadier General

• Turkey
    replied
    Nice pic, Frank, thanks.
    :flagwave:

Leave a comment:

• Gunner Al
    Guest replied
    Quite impressive. When did it arrive?

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied
    New S61N Picture!

Hi Guys,

I was sent a picture of the new Irish Air Corps S61N today and I've put it up on my website, click here to see it:

IrishAirPics.com/AirCorps

Regards,

Frank.

Leave a comment:

• Vmax
    Guest replied
    The S-61 over Swords today at lunchtime was EI-MES in coast guard colours .The Aer corp s-61 is still in the hanger at Bal grounded.

Leave a comment:

• sledger
    replied
    Anyone got any pictures of it in Air Corps markings?

Leave a comment:

• Bailer
    replied
    Saw the S-61 Flying over Swords today at Lunch Time. Standard Red/White color scheme but had Irish Air Corps Roundels.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Thats the fella allright...it even hauls the heli into the hangar once its on deck..removing the need for the McTaggart scott handling system,and guys falling about on a pitching deck with chains and cables..

Thanks steve...welcome.

Leave a comment:

• sarsteve
    Guest replied
    Goldie, the kit in question is the Beartrap. When it comes to flying helos onto the deck of a pitching ship, it is the ultimate little toy. With the beartrap, any helo fitted with the necessary equipment, can be flown onto any ship(again with the fitted equipment) during any type of weather condition.
    Last edited by Guest; 1 May 2003, 19:35.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    In the event the design is the smallest vessel capable of operating a Heli in atlantic conditions. 72m at the waterline is the absolute minimum..
    The harpoon is possibly inferior also,given the seastates its expected to operate in.
    Could the Bearcat in use by the canooks and US be superior? It hauls the heli onto the deck,instead of relying on the pilot to judge the roll..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X