Garda used puma Heli.(split)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garda used puma Heli.(split)

Yea i have a pic of it some where, it was borrowed off the West Germans Police/Boder Police when the pope visited the Garda Used it for this visit it had GARDA wrote on the side of it and i think it was Two-tone Colour scheme possible Blue And White but i have to admit the photo was in Black and White!!! I'll dig out the photo later.. *now wheres that shovel!?!
    British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
    Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

now that you mention it, i do remember seeing this on tv recently in one of the programs marking the death of JP II and thinking 'what the hell is that?'
    Cannon to right of them,
    Cannon to left of them,
    Cannon in front of them
    Volley'd and thunder'd;
    Storm'd at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.

Comment

As long as it wasnt the Orange colored Bell 212 that was used to transport his Holiness John Paul The Second or there was also a S61 that was in use i think it belonged to Scandanavian Airlines which i think was either in use with Irish Helicopters Or Aer Lingus if my memory servers me right..
      British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
      Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Irish helis operated 2x S61ns..and a Bell 212. EI BLY was one of the S61s...they also had a MBB I09...it was used for light house resuply before the light houses were automated. They also trialled a hughes 500 in the early 90's
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Puma used by gardai during Papal visit.

I have no idea who took this photo,its not mine, but its an excellent shot.
          Attached Files

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

who was responsible for piloting this?
            Cannon to right of them,
            Cannon to left of them,
            Cannon in front of them
            Volley'd and thunder'd;
            Into the jaws of Death,
            Into the mouth of Hell
            Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Bundesgrenshutz with air corps navigators.

Comment

It was painted in the normal German dark green. Painting instructions for the model are on one of the decal sheets I have here.

NTM
                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

If I remember correctly dark green was the colour, and three pumas with "GARDA" stuck on the side were brought in on short term lease.

Comment

Great helicopter, were they brought in to carry gardai for security or were they just used for observation?

Comment

Did the Gardai borrow helicopters on regular basis prior to the establishment of the Air Unit? (I'm not thinking of the whistle episode in Father Ted.)
                      Cannon to right of them,
                      Cannon to left of them,
                      Cannon in front of them
                      Volley'd and thunder'd;
                      Into the jaws of Death,
                      Into the mouth of Hell
                      Rode the six hundred.

Comment

No, apart from the visit of the Pope in 79, if the Gardai required a heli, they had the use of an Air Corps Gazelle or Alouette, and a good pair of Binos.

Comment

Working...
                        X