X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mutter nutter
    The Col Moschin use them
    Who are they?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
      Who are they?
      Italian army sf, they use 6-8 of them in the same role that's wanted here, they look very nice too
      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Photos? Are you sure its not the AB205?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
          Photos? Are you sure its not the AB205?
          they were in "Difensa Italia" magazine in June, and I'm positive they were 139's it even said it, they had just got them a few week's before, 4 were camo'ed up and 2/4 were black with no marking's
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Comment

I thought there was a part in the tender that said "......Ireland wont be guinea pigs for a new heli". So much for that.

sorry to concentrate on all the negatives but following the Italian Special forces can not be the way forward!

Comment

Sweden [with a proper defence budget of course ] selected 20 Augusta A109 Power version and Augusta suppied two civil versions for pilot / technical familiarisation before actual choppers are delivered. Likewise, the SADF also ordered 36 Augusta A109 with Denel manufacturing under license. Interesting that the USCG selected the Bell Agusta 139 over the latest Sikorsky UH-60 to replace the current version, Jayhawk, that they operate.

Good choice for the Air Corps as they are more spacious than the Blackhawk, can lift more [USCG TESTS] and are considerably cheaper to operate. I agree with Goldie Fish, they are vastly superior to the EC 145 but why no mention of the options?

PriceWaterhouse recommended that if the army was to be reduced [as it was] then the level of airborne troop transport helicopters would need to be substantially improved [ which it hasn't ].

Does the requirement for a UH-92 Cyclone troop medium transport still exist?

OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS ? How hopeful can we be that the AC will get the 2 options? Remember the army asked for and where promised 80 Mowags. The second option for 40 dwindled down to 25!!!
              Sarsfield

Comment

sorry to concentrate on all the negatives but following the Italian Special forces can not be the way forward!
                sorry for the momentary diversion off topic, but the Italian sf, both army and navy are some of the best in the World, the Italian military today is a long way from the WW2 steriotype

Comment

I was checking in Jane's and there is no mention of any deliveries of AB139 to any armed forces. With first deliveries in Spring 2004 to an Italian civil operator and two in the Summer to a Namibian civil operator being the highlights to date, I think Goldie's registration data is correct.

Also, this may be of interest http://www.defense-aerospace.com/cgi...&modele=jdc_34
                  and do a search for AB139 there is an interesting press release on October 7th

IAS
                  Last edited by ias; 29 November 2004, 01:39.

Comment

Originally posted by ias
                    I was checking in Jane's and there is no mention of any deliveries of AB139 to any armed forces. With first deliveries in Spring 2004 to an Italian civil operator and two in the Summer to a Namibian civil operator being the highlights to date, I think Goldie's registration data is correct.

Also, this may be of interest http://www.defense-aerospace.com/cgi...&modele=jdc_34
                    and do a search for AB139 there is an interesting press release on October 7th

IAS
                    well the Italian sf are just as secretive about stuff as everyone else, the pic's weren't official they were sneaky peek's taken at the Viaro del guite training area , that's why I wasn't sure of the exact number;s the pic's are, not too clear :confused:

Comment

Well I'm sure when we see the press release for WG, probably Monday, it will state how many military customer there are.

IAS

Comment

Originally posted by ias
                        Well I'm sure when we see the press release for WG, probably Monday, it will state how many military customer there are.

IAS
                        WG? :confused:

Comment

Mistype AW, AgustaWestland.

IAS

Comment

I've searched everywhere, to find confirmation of the 6/8 heli's, on the web I can't , so we'll see when the press release comes out

Comment

It were mentioned in the Star yesterday, 2nd page I think.
                              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I notice the man in Ireland on Sunday with the "sources" had no mention of this...

He must not have been listening to the pub talk outside the don last week...

Comment

Working...
                                X