Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I guess it is easier for our pilots to fly them back if they know how to fly them first...

Leave a comment:

• sledger
    replied
    From the Minister 29/09/2005

Two light utility helicopters, which are being acquired from Eurocopter SAS at a cost of €12.8 million, inclusive of VAT, are due to be delivered later this year. The first of the two helicopters was accepted by the Department last week, but is being retained in Germany for pilot training purposes. The second of the helicopters is scheduled for acceptance at the end of October.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    3-4x 135's and 8x 139's would provide excellent coverage for training, national/domestic missions and a credible deployment capability for international missions.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I think that the long term plan is for more of the type. I Hope that when a decision is made to finally replace the allouettes, they will be replaced one for one with EC135, while the option for a further 2 AB139 is taken out. That would leave us with a respectable,but useful heli fleet.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    I was really in favour of the black hawk when the tender came out but Im happy enough in what the Aircorps are getting. My only complaint is the amount of them. I think we could do with 1-2 EC135 and more of the general utlity helicopters.

Leave a comment:

• Spook
    replied
    Re EH 90..great heil..but was not offered for the utility heli tender..was probaly regarded as too big .But must agree that most of europe seens to be buying it.on the down side if its found to have a serious fault ,like the EH101 tail rotor in canadian service,where they have had to start using griffons as a stop gap, we would all be up the creek without perverbial paddle.
    What is needed is multi year planned programs,not just a knee jerk reaction .

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Change the record murf.

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    ah well given the spec it seems that any **** and his mother with a bit of elastic and his stick could turn up...

yes totally true we should buy EC 's abortions while the rest of western Europe is buying EH90s....european Helos for the 90s...or did the department fail to decode that part...

Given the waterford Conty concils reaction to eroision on the Tramore Dunes it would be ecologically un sound for any more helos to crash into the dunes....now please minister take note and buy us some thing that can make its own way home..

Now before any body decides to kick me, ban me , bar me, suspend, me..I have more of a vested intersest in he deaths of the four Airmen than you will ever know....QED

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Don't mention the war.

Instead...click here: http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/board/search.php?

Leave a comment:

• herr flick
    replied
    Sorry , should have done it from the start. Just jumping right in as usual. On another point that I made earlier in the thread, can anyone tell me what the "Pilatus" is supposed to train our Pilots to fly. From what I have read about it , it is supposed to be a trainer for pilots before they move onto jet aircraft. But we dont have any,so why are we training people for aircraft we dont have?

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Herr flick...

Please, please please read the thread from the beginning. Everything you need to know is there!

http://www.shephard.co.uk/Rotorhub/D...6-3fdbdc69ea8f
    Air Ambulance Technology deliver two EMS interiors for Irish Air Corps EC135s

AAT has successfully delivered a “Quick Conversion” EMS Kit to Irish Air Corps for its two new EC 135 on order from Eurocopter.

The delivered kit features an integrally milled floor, medical crew seats, a medical cabinet, a 20g rescue stretcher, an oxygen and electrical supply system, holders for different medical devices and an integration for incubator transport.

Beside quality aspects a major selection criteria was the multi mission capability of AAT’s state-of-the-art “Quick Conversion” EMS Interiors.

The equipment can be completely installed / removed in less than 20 minutes and allows Irish Air Corps to use the EC 135 in a role ranging from Emergency Medical Service (EMS), Pilot Training to Army Support. The kit can be interchanged between aircraft without the need of any modification.

Each delivered EMS Kit is certified with an EASA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) and complies with all relevant airworthiness requirements.

Air Ambulance Technology GmbH is the one-stop-shop for tailor-made “Quick Conversion” air ambulance, corporate and mission interiors for helicopters and fixed wing aircraft covering design, engineering, production, testing, certification and also maintenance (EASA Part 21 DOA / POA Approval; EASA Part 145 Maintenance Approval).

More information can be found on the company’s website http://www.airambulancetechnology.com

Leave a comment:

• herr flick
    replied
    Thank you for that, Im enlightened. But I still want a Big, Big helicopter. Myabe Santa can help. The one in the pic does not look like it would carry 8 troops(or 2 ministers), so I assume that this is the one for training. How many troop transporters are they expected to get? When are they expected, and how much do they cost?

Leave a comment:

• FMolloy
    replied
    The type pictured is not meant for troop transport, it's meant for training. The AB-139 will be able to carry 8 troops in crash-proof seating, along with a gunner on each side. It will be a marked improvement on what's in service at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• herr flick
    replied
    Sorry for my ignorance of the subject. I dont know much about heli types, or which country has the best on offer. But I do know, from doing it often enough, that the chopper in the pic that was posted,is not the required size for troop deployment of any reasonable size. I have used both the Dauphine and allouett on occasions and found them cramped, and without any armed protection for your flight in to LZ(sound real full of shite now), your wide open. So my point is ,if we are going to but heils, and spend money, then why, oh, why do we always take the least suitable option. So what if we get little runarounds like the 135(pic).They are of no use to us in the Inf units. We should buy at least 10 medium lift choppers,and again I stress that we need something like the Merlin or blackhawk. Even if the Ministers try to use them, at least we will have them most of the time. Any Aer Corps heads reading this please feel free to enlighten this "grunt" about this issue> Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    http://www.eurocopter.com/publicatio...EN&news_id=337

Its delivered apparantly...

Anyone seen it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X