Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    The 2 maritime patrol CASA's were purchased in 1994. They cost €55.3 million (including VAT) at 2002 prices. €22.9 million was refunded by the EU.

Leave a comment:

• A/TEL
    replied
    Casa 235

Originally posted by snip1 View Post
    Hi guys, i know this already but i'm only posting this to show a friend that the air corps have 2 casa's, cause he thinks they have only 1, could someone please post the 2 reg numbers of them, so he can see it himself. Thanks

Charlie 252 & Charlie 253

Courtesy of Military.ie

Air Corps Fleet - CASA CN235
    Introduction
    The Air Corps currently operates two Casa CN 235 Maritime Patrol Aircraft. These aircraft entered service in 1994 and operate seven days a week usually in the off shore maritime patrol arena.

Working in close conjunction with the Naval Service, the two Casa CN 235 Maritime Patrol Aircraft of 101 Squadron provide an aerial platform for patrolling the Irish Economic Zone, an area of approximately 132,000 square miles or 16% of the total EU sea fisheries. This in itself represents an area almost five times the land area of Ireland and encompasses perhaps one of the most productive fisheries in the world.

Ends....

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• snip1
    replied
    Hi guys, i know this already but i'm only posting this to show a friend that the air corps have 2 casa's, cause he thinks they have only 1, could someone please post the 2 reg numbers of them, so he can see it himself. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    €5.3m has been set aside in the estimates for the Upgrade of the second CASA Maritime Patrol aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    What? An upgrade? Oh,Yawn! airliners are upgraded every overhaul, worldwide; navy ships are upgraded at refit, armies upgrade their vehicles and equipment constantly. I don't think the world of aviation is going to spin off axis if two small turboprops are getting a comparatively minor upgrade for a small country, which will bring sod all to the local economy.I'd rather the Navy got another PV or some funds towards a new one.This thing is being talked up as if it's of monumental import.It's not, especially when the fishing industry is getting away with wholesale illegal activity, so the papers say, and the Government hasn't got the political will to stop them.
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• The Blue Max
    replied
    But we would be applicable to recieve funding from the European Union which would help the IAC when or if we purchased further examples of the CN235 series...

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Originally posted by Måk
    Thats great news for the lads. They are unsung heroes that play a vital part in our countrys interest.
    Does anybody think there will be more funding availible at some time in the future to expand from the 2 CASA to 2+ ??? There is only so much they can acheive with 2 aircraft.

regards

Måk
    Would be nice to see another 2 added to the current fleet.(I believe they cost US$22M each,open to correction on this though )
    Last edited by Bosco; 14 February 2006, 13:05.

Leave a comment:

• Måk
    replied
    Thats great news for the lads. They are unsung heroes that play a vital part in our countrys interest.
    Does anybody think there will be more funding availible at some time in the future to expand from the 2 CASA to 2+ ??? There is only so much they can acheive with 2 aircraft.

regards

Måk

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Good Work max.

More Great news for the Air Corps.

Leave a comment:

• rod and serpent
    replied
    Ah the Chinese have sent for an Irish.

Leave a comment:

• The Blue Max
    started a topic Irish Air Corps CASA CN235s To Be Upgraded

Irish Air Corps CASA CN235s To Be Upgraded

Breaking News it has been announced at the AirChina 2006 thats Eads has signed a 12.5million euro contract with Irish Department Of Defence to upgrade the Two Casa CN235s in Irish Service..

Please click on link for full information..

Working...
X