No announcement yet.

Irish Air Corps CASA CN235s To Be Upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest news on US Coast Guard's HC-144A "Ocean Sentry" which is a variant of the CASA CN-235-300.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Thought this was interesting.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Is the set-up aboard our CASAs similar to that of these Spanish planes?

Comment

nice find. thanks
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

the exact same, nice vid.

Comment

“Nimrod MR2 will be taken out of service in March 2010, & the introduction of the Nimrod MRA4 will be delayed until 2012”

Interesting to see if this has any knock on effect on taskings for the Air Corps 235's

Comment

Hi there,
                the one obvious difference is that there is a soundproofed bulkhead, with a door in it, between the mission equipment and the cargo ramp.Makes things a lot quieter in the cabin when the ramp is opened.
                regards
                GttC

Comment

I came across a another tread on this forum saying that the arw requested a c-27j demo, are the considering adding to the fleet or replacing (18 years old how long is the life span of such a plane) or if they are adding to the fleet why look at the c-27j on paper at least they seem very similar, and surely it would be cheaper to maintain and crew another casa than a new aircraft?

Comment

Hi Rich,
                    I believe that the demo referred to in that post was about 10 years ago. Very unlikely that their will be any purchases in the near future due to the economy.

Comment

what sort of life would an aircraft such as the CASA have?

Comment

prob up to 40 years?
                        Last edited by morpheus; 21 June 2012, 15:32.
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                        X