MACH1 Air show and Exhibition 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACH1 Air show and Exhibition 2006

Punchestown racecourse will play host to an airshow & exhibition on the 4th & 5th of June. The following display aircraft have been confirmed:

Breitling Jet Team 6 X L-39 Jets
    2 Excel 4 X Extra 300 Aerobatics
    Utterly Butterly Wingwalkers 2 X Boeing Stearman
    Royal Air Force Hawk, 208 Sqn, RAF Valley
    Royal Air Force Team Merlin Helicopter, RAF Benson
    Irish Air Corps Pilatus PC-9
    Irish Air Corps Learjet 45
    Irish Air Corps CASA CN-235-100
    Irish Air Corps Eurocopter EC135
    Eddie Goggins Extra 300
    Denis Kenyon Helicopter Aerobatics
    Irish Parachute Club PC-6 & Parachute Display
    Aer Arann ATR-72 display

The static display will consist of:

Royal Air Force Team Merlin Helicopter, RAF Benson
    Royal Air Force Puma
    Royal Navy Sea King
    Royal Netherlands Air Force AB412SP
    Irish Air Corps Eurocopter EC135
    Westland Whirlwind

One-day passes are priced at €25 for an adult, €15 of a child under 12 and €70 for a family (2 adults & 2 children). Details can be found on www.mach1.ie
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

mach 1??

is there an actual aircraft in that list capable of mach 1??.....

Comment

The Hawk should be able to break the sound barrier in a dive.
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Not a very good line up, and it costs 70 euro for a family whereas the Bray and Galway airshows are free - another example of rip off Ireland!!!!!!!!!!
        I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Be nice people.

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca
            Not a very good line up, and it costs 70 euro for a family whereas the Bray and Galway airshows are free - another example of rip off Ireland!!!!!!!!!!

well don't go then... also the reason for no real fast jets is the confines of the landin strip beside punchestown racecourse.
            The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Expect the hippys to b**** and whinge at the inclusion of any military aircraft alltogether

Comment

I'd have to agree - it's pretty pricey alright...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Ha, did a flight couse in the States in 98. On the way there we had to fly through a national gaurd air base air space, who just happened to be starting an airshow. We were called in to land at the base because we wouldn't have been out of the restricted zone in time. Got to see the Blue Angels for free. Brilliant
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Hi all
                    Is there family (read kids) entertainment available there on the day? E70 is a bit much, but how much does it compare to the equivalent show in the UK? A word of praise is necessary to the organisers. After all, we now have three good shows per year in a country which was left without after the Baldonnel shows ended. If all else fails, find a nearby hill and bring your binocs. I wonder what they have done to sort out the gliding folk next door?
                    regards
                    GttC

Comment

From the site:

"Kids Zone will keep the whole family entertained with a wide selection of inflatables, carousels, face painters and lots of other exciting activities. There will also be a Teen Zone, which will include trampoline bungies, Quazar, and thrilling fun fair rides!"

Comment

MACH1 Air show and Exhibition 2006

Hi Everyone,

I haven't heard anyone mention this on the site so I will in case anyone is interested.
                        The website can be accessed here

Feel the skies tremble for the MACH1 Air show and Exhibition 2006
                        On June 4th and 5th the skies will tremble at Punchestown as the very latest flying machines complete a spectacular aerial dance at the MACH1 Air Show and Exhibition. Up to 30,000 people a day will experience the roar of helicopters, the boom and zoom of a wide variety of jets and planes and the daring exploits of gravity-defying aerobatics by pilots with nerves of steel.

The entire family will be entertained with the addition of FREE exciting attractions including The Kids Zone , The 'Teen Zone', Terminal one housing 'The Big Boys Toys Exhibition', the Landed area will include a Helicopter Display Area.
                        SALUTE:- Formal if infrequently observed wave at an officer usually followed by "hows it going sir ?"

Comment

http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/b...ead.php?t=8733 UTSF :wink:
                          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Kildare County Council have decided not to issue a licence for the airshow. Negotiations are underway. A resolution is "expected" this evening.

Comment

A licence had been sought and was granted. Unfortunately the licence granted was not for the event planned this weekend.

Red Tape in Progress

Source: Grape Vine.

Comment

Working...
                              X